Monday, May 17, 2010

MMO finale

Charlie attended his last day of Mother's Morning Out for this school year on Friday. It was a bittersweet moment for me. I, admittedly, have gotten used to my running around town time while he's at school so it will be missed. I never did come home much. If I did, I found myself either fighting off a nap, taking a nap or cleaning for company. The sweet part of him being at WCCA is that Charlie has grown and developed by leaps and bounds while being there. It really was a good decision for all of us. He has come out of his little shell. His vocabulary took off and he has really learned alot. Both his teachers talked about how quiet Charlie is. (They're not at home with him! He's really a chatterbox.) Ms. Carla called him her "little old man". I got a kick out of that comment because I can totally see that in him! Charlie is a different kid at school than he is at home but what kid isn't?

They must have had a big celebration for the last day of school because this is what Charlie looked like when I picked him up... one word...snocones! Charlie kept talking about his blue snocone that he got off the truck. And, of course, playing on the playground.

Thursday night, WCCA had the PreK4 graduation. The little kids performed a few songs at the beginning. The Toddler I, Toddler II and the PreK3 classes were all together. As usual, Charlie wouldn't let me leave his side so I ended up walking with him to the front but I just kinda pushed him up there with the rest of the kids and sat on the floor in front of the first pew. He was ok with that. As you can tell from the video, it took him a little bit to join the program but when he did, I was definitely a proud mama. This was such a difference from his performance at Thanksgiving. (Go back and look at the video if you've forgotten.)



The Toddler I class is in yellow. The Toddler II class (Charlie's class) is in red and the PreK3 class is in green.

No comments: