But, since I loved the set so much, the owner let me take home a dresser side panel in the closest finish to what I wanted to see how it looked. I was trying to match the stained wood trim and doors in this 80's house of ours. I've actually gotten quite good at it! The piece I brought home was just way too dark. I debated over mixing woods for a change but after countless deliberations in my head and with Daniel, we decided to get something that would match. Ugh! Why does this have to be so hard? It's just furniture! I had also decided that this decision would best be made if I knew what bedding we were going to use. No luck there either. Daniel and I couldn't decide on the same one. And just so you're not thinking Daniel is being difficult (it's actually me that's being difficult), Daniel could really care less what we do in that room. He's just trying to get me to make a decision and move on because I'm stressing pretty bad over it. I use this phrase alot with him - "you're no help." He was the sweet husband though and helped me through. I hate making decisions.
Ok. Back on track. I needed to take the panel back and really wanted to get a set ordered since it takes 6-8 weeks to get it in. So, my adventure at Baby Junction began...those poor souls there were so patient!
Charlie was with me this time but he was a sweet thing once he found a baby doll to play with. Who knew a little boy would be so enthused over putting a baby in and out of a infant carrier and covering her up? He is my little helper though. :)
Sorry...I digress. We tried to match this dresser with that crib over there, that dresser with this crib here, and checked every piece in the store for the finish I was looking for. Long story short...well, long story sped up to the end...I decided on another set that comes in a finish very close to what I was looking for. It's a little more orange than I would like but we'll see. Without further adieu...the Peyton lifestyle crib and related pieces...
Getting the crib sparked me picking the bedding. So during Charlie's nap yesterday, I labored over each of the sets I had bookmarked. Daniel had told me his favorites. I looked at those for a while. I was actually looking at each of them, waiting for ideas to hit me as to how to paint/decorate the room with the set. I finally got excited about this one (which is actually Daniel's favorite)...Wiggle Wagon...

It won't be an easy room, if we do what's in my head, but it's going to look awesome! I ordered the set yesterday and it should be here in about 10 days! So if you're in the mood to paint, boy have I got a job for you!
Ahhh...sigh. Maybe now I can think about something else for a change. Once Charlie's party was done, I was on to my next project immediately...thinking and pondering. It's so hard to make a decision but once it's made, I always feel so relieved!
No comments:
Post a Comment