I had my usual OB visit again today. I start going every two weeks now so the countdown is on! Everything checked out fine. The baby's heartrate was around 150. He's been moving alot here lately so I was expecting it to be a little higher but I guess he was having a lazy morning. :) Put on 2 more pounds. We talked about a couple of things that I had on my mind. One...the migraines have begun again. I started having them about this time in my first pregnancy so I wasn't surprised, just unhappy about it. Last Wednesday was the first one. Luckily, it never came on full blown but it was annoying enough that I had to pull out the big pills. (Yes. I checked with the doc before taking them.)
The other issue was that Saturday and Sunday, my belly was tighter than usual. I would go through a spell, mainly Sunday, where the top of my belly would tighten up like a contraction. It would make me short of breath for a little bit and then would ease. I think it concerned Daniel more than me but that's probably because I was the one experiencing it and it didn't feel like a labor contraction. I did a little reading and decided they were Braxton Hicks contractions. It said they are common in second or more pregnancies. They are contractions of the uterus but aren't strong enough to start labor. It just said if you've been standing a while, lie down and if you've been sitting, stand up or lie down. In talking with the doc today about it, she just said that it shouldn't be anything to be concerned about unless it lasts more than an hour. If it does, then to call in. I haven't had any as strong as what I had on Sunday and not near as often so I'm feeling good about it. The doc just said when it happens just to lie down and drink lots of water. I think that's the answer to all pregnancy issues. :)
I have begun to experience a little swelling of the feet and hands. More feet than hands. It only happens if I've been sitting a while. So, I just get up and walk around or lie down and it usually helps. And...lots of water. :) I'm sure it will only get worse in the next few weeks. If I sit on the couch, I try and sit with my feet up. Computer time and sitting on a church pew seem to be the worst times. Long car rides did me in when I was pregnant with Charlie so I've been avoiding those if possible. I've got one coming up though so we'll see.
As for names for the baby, we decided on one and then tried it out for a while and decided to change it. It's funny how that works. We've been trying another one out for a couple of weeks now but haven't made it official. I'll pass it along once it becomes official. Cliffhanger...I know. :)
Charlie understands that there is a baby in mommy's tummy but that's about the extent of it. He loves babies and gets a little upset when he hears one cry so I'm not real sure how he's going to take to having one around all the time. One of the college age guys at our church is close with Charlie and he was holding another baby one Sunday. Charlie was not happy about this so I can only imagine how he's going to be with mommy holding one. He's going to be a great big brother once he's used to it. Charlie goes with me to my OB appt's and we talk about the doctor checking on the baby, etc. We pray for the baby in mommy's tummy each night. Sometimes, he'll just look at me, pat me on the belly and say, "baby in dere." And, of course, I am constantly saying, "No. You can't sit on Mommy's belly." "Be careful of Mommy's belly."
So, there's a not so quick update on the pregnancy. Uneventful, I know. But, that's a good thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment