Charlie went to visit the pediatrician yesterday for his 3 year old well visit. Stats: weight - 33 pounds (75%) height - 37" (55%). The nurse measured his head but I didn't hear the number or percentile. The doc charted his height on the curve and said if he keeps growing the rate he's going, he'll be around 5'11" or 6'0". Yeah, that sounds about right. As always, they asked me a million questions about his development and every day life. I'm not about try and remember all of them. The main concern of the doc was his speech. At his 2 yr visit, she gave me all the info for speech therapy so she was wanting to know if we did that and if so, has it helped. I told her we decided not to do it but put him in an MMO program. She tried to get Charlie to talk to her so she could see for herself but he just clammed up as usual. He did whisper a couple of things to me so I did the best I could to continue the conversation with him. So, she heard some. I guess she'll just have to go on my word that Charlie is a chatterbox and has no issues with speech anymore. People still have a little trouble understanding him (Daniel and I too sometimes) but for the most part, he's good.
He did fine with both the nurse and the doc checking him for blood pressure, heart rate, physical exam, etc. No complaints. The funny thing for me was that they wanted to see if he would pee in a cup. :) I told them we'd try but that I didn't think he would. We made attempt #1. No luck. Charlie wouldn't even pee on the potty. Towards the end of the visit, Charlie told me he needed to go tee tee so off we went. Attempt #2. Success! He thought it was funny to pee in the cup this time.
The bad part of the trip came at the end...shots. He only had to get one and it was only because when he was around 15 months, the nation was out of one of the Hep immunizations. So they were just catching up now that they're available. It took a while to calm the poor thing down after it but the promise of McDonald's helped.
So, a non-eventful, no news to report trip. Everything checked out fine.
I'm going to post soon a three year old post that includes more details of his development and personality. I just haven't gotten to that point yet. Birthday party post coming soon as well...
No comments:
Post a Comment