And the saga continues...with one success today and alot of accidents. About 11:00 today, I was about to just give up and wait until right before Charlie starts kindergarten. That really the drop dead date anyways, isn't it? :) I called Daniel for a pep talk and some moral support. We talked about different things to try, etc. and he pretty much left it up to me as to continue or not. His suggestion was to finish out the day and take a break for the weekend. But I am bound and determined for this not to beat me. Surely, he'll get the idea soon, right? PLEASE tell me "yes"!
The morning was the usual routine. Fighting and kicking every twenty minutes from both of us. And still puddles on my floor. I decided to change it up. This was all I knew to do at this point. I quit using the timer and went to taking Charlie to the potty every hour.
Ahh...my sanity is returning.
When naptime came, Charlie wanted an Elmo diaper. I told him he had to wear a bear diaper and he didn't like that idea. So, I gave him the option of a bear diaper or big boy underwear. He chose the underwear. With the luck I've been having, I expected him to wake up in a wet bed but I was wrong! Yay! I started taking Charlie to the potty once he was up because I knew he had to go since he woke up dry. About 5:00, potty time came around. Success! But, I think it was just good timing. Either way, we celebrated!
The next few times yielded nothing. Right after our trip around 7:00, puddle. Ugh! Charlie just will not go tee tee on the potty, even though I know he has to go. I have figured out that he paces or runs back and forth when he has to go. I guess this helps him hold it. He has learned quite well how to hold it. We have less accidents, but bigger puddles. If I could just figure out how to get him to not like wetting his pants...
Well, on to the next day...
1 comment:
Hang in there Melissa. Really, this is one of the biggest parenting milestones there is at this stage. I know it is tiring to deal with it all day long though.
My oldest was an early reader (2.5) so I simply could not believe that her brain could comprehend reading any text, but not potty training. At 35 months, after I had backed off on the stress and pressure of it all, she simply started using big kid undies day and night on her own and that was it.
I guess I would say, keep staying positive and try to not force him too much. How does he respond to having Daddy help him? That was a big deal for William to see that he and Daddy were the same.
I'm bordering on TMI. ;-)
Post a Comment