Charlie went to school this morning so I got a much needed break from potty training. I kept him out of school on Wednesday for training but didn't want him to miss another day, especially since they were having a Valentine's Day party and were going to exchange valentines. I didn't want to put the big boy underwear on his two teachers so Charlie went to school in a diaper. I told Ms. Carla to take him to the potty with all the other kids when they go. I was back at the school around 10 to help with the party. All the kids went to the potty after snack. No luck getting Charlie to actually tee tee on the potty but he went through the motions. He had managed to stay dry though. Once we were back home, it was only about 30 minutes until naptime so for my sanity I just left Charlie in his diaper. He managed to take advantage of this too by doing his usual business in it. I put him in a diaper for naptime as well. Once he was up though, the training resumed.
It had begun to snow while Charlie was napping so I was anxious to get him outside since there was a pretty good amount on the ground. I took Charlie to the potty not long after he got up and nothing. I left him in his undies and got him dressed to go outside. We were out there twice over the next hour or so and had no accidents. We kept taking him every hour or so. Charlie did eventually have an accident. We cleaned it up and moved on. But, Charlie also went tee tee on the potty later that night. M&M's all around! This was, however, after multiple trips and lots of convincing. Daniel and I have started to notice the signs quite well and know to get Charlie to the potty. It's just getting him to release and actually go tee tee.
As you can tell, our attitudes are better. My sanity has returned, momentarily. :) We are seeing small signs of progress so I'm grasping to those and hanging on for dear life! Those are moments of hope.
The multiple trips to the potty are starting to all run together so I'll slack off on the potty posts unless something major happens...good or bad. I'm sure you are all tired of reading about it anyway. Sorry about that. But, the blog is as much for me as it is for you so when I go to potty train the second one that's on the way, I can read through these again and know that losing my mind is normal. So, thanks for hanging with me if you're still here...
No comments:
Post a Comment