We have finally reached some level of "success" in the potty training arena. Charlie is not afraid to tee tee on the potty anymore. Whew! He has gotten to where he will tell me sometimes when he needs to go. He actually seems to do better when we're out than when we're at home. It's either less distractions when we're out or I'm just on my game more. Probably both. It's hard to pull Charlie away from Sesame Street. Luckily, he can see it from the potty. That's been the only way I can convince him to go to the potty. He's gotten very good at "holding it". We still have accidents but not many. It's mainly just a #2 accident most days which I can handle. He's just got to get on a schedule with this so that I can be proactive. But, he has gone #2 on the potty. His reward for tee tee or #2 (I just don't like using the word "poo poo" except in my house) on the potty is still 2 M&M's and stickers. He also gets to flush which is a big deal to him.
Charlie is usually dry when he wakes up from his nap each day. I haven't been very good to change him out of his diaper in the mornings very quickly so I really couldn't tell you if he has been dry through the night yet. Lazy, I know. :\ My guess though is he hasn't.
So, it's been two weeks and I feel like we have come leaps and bounds. It's a continuing process but he has successfully tee teed on the potty at the church building, Wal-Mart and Publix. I figured that would be the hardest part. He has yet to use the potty at school. Soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment