Wednesday, February 10, 2010

potty training - day three

Let's see...day three...not good. Charlie refuses to go tee tee on the potty. It has become a struggle to get him to even go in the bathroom for potty time. He is holding it in quite well but then a large puddle comes later. The morning time was as expected. I took him every time the timer went off even with the kicking and crying. Nothing. Then about five minutes after our potty time trip...accident. I've been keeping him in the living room where there are hard floors just to make my job easier. Charlie took a short nap (only about and hour and a half) but stayed dry in his diaper. We began the regular trips to the potty again and still no results. I hopped in the shower between visits and put Elmo on in my bedroom. As I was getting ready, Charlie began pacing and running back and forth. I've figured out that he does this to help hold it in. His undies were a tad wet so I began doing potty trips a little more often than the timer was set for hoping I would catch him at some point. Needless to say, I had to work around Elmo though. I figured out if I paused Elmo on the TV that he would go sit on the potty with the motivation that he could come back and watch more. Still nothing. And later...a puddle. I was so happy to see Daniel come in the door. I was at my wits end by this point. Charlie had been fighting me all afternoon to go sit on the potty and my nerves were fried. It was nice to have a break outside the house too. We went to church...Charlie in a diaper. I took him to the potty a couple of times while we were there but again, nothing. He managed to fill up his diaper in between potty visits though. :\ We'll see how tomorrow goes. I really don't want to give up but I completely understand why people do and why they use pull-ups. I think I'm just gonna have to change my tactics. Off to wash undies...

No comments: