Thursday, April 24, 2008
weaning
Well, weaning Charlie has been no problem. He had his last nursing time at night last Wednesday night. So, he's gone a whole week without an afternoon or evening feeding. He has taken well to whole milk. He drinks it right up. I give it to him at meals. I'm still nursing him when he gets up in the mornings. I was telling Daniel the other night that I think Charlie wouldn't miss that feeding either but since I've started weaning, I'm realizing how much I am going to miss that time with him. I've been holding on to the morning feeding more for me than for Charlie. I was so excited to wean him but it takes the feeling of being needed away from me. I know that's not true. I know he still needs me but it's one of those things that once he's weaned, there's no going back. I've gone almost a year giving him the nourishment he needs. I'm impressed I lasted this long. I know it has been a great thing for him. But now that the time has come, I'm going to miss it. So, I'm going to keep the morning feeding for a while. Maybe once he's a year old, I'll give that feeding up too. (or maybe not) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know just how you feel. Nursing is an amazing experience to share with your baby. I was particularly saddened to wean Emma, knowing she was my last baby. But then we were on to more exciting stages of development. (And it is great to retire the nursing bras!)
I felt the same way! But it makes you feel so good to know that everything that they have needed they have gotten from us. It's such a blessing to be able to share that time.
Post a Comment