Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Philip - 3 months old

Philip turned 3 months old last week. My little butterball continues to get plump. He is styling some cute little 6-9 month clothes these days. Yes, I have a 3 month old in 6/9 month clothes! He is a sweetie, just like his brother was at this age. Philip has one of the cutest smiles and gives them freely, especially to his mommy. :) Charlie and Daddy get quite a few as well. We've also heard some laughs from him.

He has found his hands and they have become his pacifier. I was reading my post from when Charlie was this age and read the same thing...lots of sucking and smacking on those fists. I'm still determined to get this kid to take a pacifier. We'll see if I ever succeed. I've also had trouble getting him to take a bottle. He prefers mama! I can't blame him though but it would be nice to have a break every once in a while. It just pains me though to pour that precious breastmilk down the drain.
Philip is laid back and easy going which I am thankful for. He really only fusses when it's eating time or he's sleepy. I'm learning to keep my water/liquid intake up and he'll last about 4 hours between feedings. If I slack on this, my milk must not be rich enough and he's hungry in a couple of hours.

Sleeping is going well so far for Philip. (keeping my fingers crossed) He usually nurses around 8:30 or 9:00 pm and goes to bed around 10 or 10:30 pm - in his crib. Most mornings he will wake around 7:30 am, eat for 15 minutes and go back to sleep - in my bed. I'll have to admit though, I do love having him in the bed with me. He's just so cushy and cuddly. Every so often, he'll need a middle of the night feeding. That's usually around 4 am. So, Philip is sleeping about 9 hours at night! I'm a happy mama! He'll catnap in the mornings, depending on what's going on. He's up for a few hours around lunch and early afternoon and then will go back down for a nap for the afternoon and then is up most of the time til his last feeding. He might get a little catnap in there somewhere.

Philip's doing quite well with tummy time and holding his head up. Once he's tired of doing tummy time, he will find his fists and just suck on them a while. It's impossible to get him to lift his head again once he's found those fists. Charlie gets a kick out of Philip doing his tummy time and likes to do it with him when he's on the floor. I've heard alot of "good job sweet boy" and "lift that head up, Philip". I guess Charlie's heard me say that alot. :)
Charlie still loves to kiss his little brother...constantly! He rubs his head, plays with his piggies, eskimo kisses, etc. He has begun this "I'm gonna get you!" and then tickles Philip. Wow, I never fully understood how much kids mimic everything you do! Needless to say, Charlie loves to have his picture taken with Philip and just so you know, all pictures of Charlie kissing Philip are not staged. I'm just capturing the moments!

No comments: