Sunday, March 3, 2013

God can hear you everywhere!

Yesterday, I had to meet a couple of girls at the church building to discuss and plan a bridal shower for a mutual friend (Morgan) and since Daniel was working, the boys went with me.  When we left the house, it was snowing just a little bit.  Charlie was so excited.  On our ride, our conversation went something like this...

Charlie: "Mom, I want it to snow alot so I can build a snowman."
Mom: "Well, I can't control how much it snows."
C: "GOD!"
M: "Yes.  God controls the snow."
C: "God, can you make it snow alot?" To me, "Mom, God didn't hear me."
M: "He heard you, buddy. God can hear you wherever you are.  He just doesn't talk to you like I talk to you.  He talks to you when you read the Bible and tells you all the things He wants you to know."
C: "Can he hear me in the car?"
M: "Yes.  Anywhere you are, God can hear you.  You can talk to him anytime you want and ask Him for anything.  Just know that sometimes he doesn't answer the way we want Him to.  Sometimes, He says no like Mommy says no sometimes when you ask for something."
C: "Can he hear me right now?"
M: "Yes."
C: "Why can He hear me everywhere?"
M: "Because God is everywhere."
C: "Where is God?"
M: "He's up in heaven."
C: "Where is heaven?  It's up in the sky!"
M: "Yes."  I wasn't really sure how to answer that one.
C: "Jesus is up in heaven."
M: "Yes, he is."

A few minutes later...

C: "Mom, when are we moving to England?"
M: "At the end of May."
C: "It's almost my birthday!  It's March so it's only two years away!"
M: "Two months."
C: "Yeah, two months! April then May! Mom, can God hear me in England?"
M: "Yes, buddy, He can hear you wherever you are."
C: "Can He hear me in Pennsylvannia?"
M: "Yes."

A brief pause...

M: "Charlie, are you excited about moving to England?"
C: "Yes. Are all my friends going to go to England?"
M: "No. They have to stay here with their families. Just our family is moving to England."
C: "I'm really going to miss my friends."
M: "Yes. But you'll make new friends once we are there."
C: "I just want Alex to go."
M: "Well, maybe Alex can come visit you at your new house in England."
C: "Yeah!"
M: "You know how we call Grandma and Grandpa and Gram and Papa on the computer?  We can call Alex on the computer from England."
C: "But we don't have Alex on the computer."
M: "Well, we can add him and you can call him anytime you want."

About this time we drive past the airport in Kennesaw.

M: "Look Charlie, an airplane!"
C: "Is that the kind of plane we will ride to go to England?"
M: "No.  That's a small airplane.  We're going to fly on a BIG airplane."
C: "Like this big?" He holds up his hand to show about an inch between his forefinger and his thumb.
M: "Nooo."
C: "Like this big?"  He holds his hands as far stretched as he can.
M: "Yes."
C: "It has lots of seats on it.  Does it have windows?"
M: "Yes."
C: "I want to sit by one so I can see Alex."

So, Johnson family...I hope you are planning a trip to England!

Today, Charlie asked God again for lots of snow as we were driving to worship.  We had flurries again.  He then asked me if God could hear him in worship.  "Of course!"  I said.  "We go to worship to worship God.  We sing..." "And we pray...and we have class!" Charlie piped in. "Can God hear me in class?"  "Yes." I replied.  Moral of the story...God can hear you everywhere!


No comments: