Thursday, April 29, 2010

week 26 (and 5 days)

I visited the OB doc today for my usual monthly appt. All went well. She said I was measuring good. This was the first visit they actually measured me. I guess it's that there is now a big belly to measure. The baby's heartrate was around 165 due to the fact that he was bumping and jumping while she was checking it. :) He doesn't like for me to lie flat on my back and will definitely let me know it each time I do. Doc made the statement that he's probably still transverse in direction. But, that will change I'm sure. My weight came in at 152.4. I started at 145. So, please don't hate me too much if you were one of those pregnant ladies that gained like 50 lbs. It not due to lack of eating, I promise! I'm just happy I'm continuing to gain weight. I think I gained around 25 pounds with Charlie. So, we'll see what the final number is in a few months.

I'm feeling good. I've gotten some energy back. The belly is my only obstacle right now. I do still wear out relatively quickly but I can get things done now more than I could a few months ago. We've been gearing up for Charlie's birthday party that's next weekend so busy doesn't even quite cover our schedule right now. But, I'm hanging in there and resting when I need to. I've learned my limitations and push them every now and then.

We're still working on a name. We thought we had decided on one but I heard a couple of people refer to the baby by that name and it just didn't sound right. It's either going to eventually grow on me or another name will just stick. Daniel and I have been throwing a few more around but no luck. The names I like the best begin with E's and O's but who wants the initials EWW or OWW? I would settle for AWW but not the others...so the challenge continues.

As for the nursery, I have still put any decorating on hold until after Charlie's birthday weekend. I have looked at some bedding and found one I think I really like (who can really tell from a picture online?). Ideas began running through my head so get ready! :) I think I am going to have to compromise some on it though because the ideas I have will be such a headache to accomplish. Who knows...I may pull out the jigsaw and just do it myself. It would be alot of work but would be so cute. So, we'll see.

Now for the belly...I have outgrown most of my maternity clothes from when I carried Charlie. Thank goodness for hand-me-downs! However, I am about to outgrow them as well. :\ Even Daniel's tshirts are getting snug. I am all belly. There's no mistaking me being pregnant. I've figured this out not only from looking in the mirror but from the comments I get from random people walking by. Atleast I'm not getting random people rubbing my belly yet. I know it's coming though...

I go back to the doc in three weeks for my 30 week check-up. Doc mentioned that I will start the every two week visits after that. Really!?! Is it that close to d-day already? Whew! Where did the time go? One minute we're deciding when to have baby #2. The next I'm knocking on the delivery date's door! I give all the credit for that happening to a little munchkin named Charlie. There's no time to relish in any pregnancy glow when you've got a toddler running around! (I typed that sentence while telling Charlie for the 1000th time to go lay down and go to sleep!)

No comments: