I was in new territory as well in that I didn't have to hover. I could stand back and watch him play. I still kept a close eye on him but I didn't have to be right there with him, helping him. There were alot of other kids there too since it was such a nice day. So you never know what's going to happen. One trip last year, we had a pusher and it seemed that Charlie was his target everytime. Today, it was a little boy who was probably almost 4. Apparently, Charlie was bothering him just by being near him. Charlie picked up the phrase "Stop that." from this kid. Charlie wasn't messing with him. He was just trying to play and talk with him. I even heard the little kid say, "You're being selfish." Guess he must hear that one alot at home. :\ I just laughed. It wasn't a bad experience with the kid. I just wasn't happy about Charlie picking up that phrase (not that he wouldn't have learned it eventually).
It was only 72 degrees but it felt like 90. I guess after being in the cold for so many months, it takes some adjusting. There was a nice breeze though so I couldn't have asked for better weather. We weren't just sweating buckets but the sun was blazing. Charlie was definitely getting hot though. He was pink from head to toe with the majority of that pink being in his cheeks. You'll probably see that in the pics. I did take a few...imagine that!
And, then, the inevitable ending after a trip to the park...a nap!



No comments:
Post a Comment