Thursday, April 1, 2010

22 weeks

So, I'm over halfway through this pregnancy. I haven't posted in a while about it. Just had alot of other topics, I guess...mainly Charlie. :) Things are going well so far. Second trimester has treated me better than the first trimester. I've gotten some energy back and my appetite back which is typical. I've begun to feel many kicks and flips. This one stays pretty much in the same spot so I get kicked in the same spot over and over. I had another doc appt. today. This also included another ultrasound. The tech didn't get to see everything she wanted to check due to the baby not turning right. Hence, the second ultrasound. So, it was short and sweet because he was turned just right for her today. I did get some good profile pics due to this as well.

Heart rate was 157. Measurements were taken during the first ultrasound and the baby seems to be right on track. I also got the results of my AFP blood test. Results were negative. This test is used to check for birth defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly. It also checks for chromosonal problems such as Downs syndrome and Edwards syndrome. (Yes, that info came from the internet.)

They haven't started measuring the belly yet but it's definitely growing. I've started getting the "aw, you're so cute" comments so I've gotten to the point that I look pregnant. Daniel has started rubbing the belly too. :) He's been able to feel a few kicks as well but it seems that everytime I try to get him to feel, the baby quits moving. Isn't that how it always works though?

As for the weight issue, since I know some of you are wondering due to previous posts. From my first appointment to the appt today, I've put on 4 lbs. But I gained 5 lbs in the last month. So, yes, I lost a few along the way but have caught up and surpassed my starting weight. Bring on the oreos! Actually, I've been craving more carbs such as breads, pastries, etc. Mainly, cinnamon rolls and powdered doughnuts. Less sweet...more bread. Pizza and pasta make the short list as well.

Daniel and I have been tossing around names. We've pretty much decided on a middle name but are still undecided on the first name. And, yes, I'm not saying much until we decide. Sorry. :)

No progress on a nursery. Charlie's birthday is coming up so I've been full swing everything birthday mode. Plus, we need the bed in that room until after May due to family coming into town to celebrate. So, it will be May and June when that gets done.

Well, I think that about covers it for now. Here are a few pics from my ultrasounds. I've had three so far. All confirmed a boy. So this one isn't shy about it just like Charlie wasn't shy about it. However, I'll save those pics for the baby book. :)

No comments: