Friday, September 4, 2009

more MMO and "me do it"

Charlie really seems to be enjoying his time at Mother's Morning Out. He talks about "school" often. From the routine, he knows which days, already, that he goes to school. Today, as I was driving him to school, he kept saying "school" and then did something I didn't expect. He started pointing to the back of his hand with some sound I couldn't make out. We had been talking about school and he was apparently telling me about the stamp he gets every time on the back of his hand. I was just amazed that he remembered that. He also kept saying "baby". One of the ladies that helps him in/out of the car, normally has her little one in a baby carrier. He makes a point to say bye to the baby each time. So he remembered that too! Charlie gets excited when we talk about school so I can tell he is enjoying it. I have learned that just dropping him off at the door is better/easy on me and I think they prefer it this way as well. It was hard for me to come to grips with not getting to hug and kiss my child when he leaves but I'm coping. When we got there today, the ladies were occupied inside with other kids so I got out of the car to get Charlie out. One of them was quickly there to take him though so I did get a hug and kiss in today. The funny part was that Charlie cried when she took him but about the time they got to the top of the steps and got to the door, Charlie waved at me and said, "Bye, baba." It was so sweet. So, I'm adjusting. I'm still keeping myself busy while he's at school. I have yet to have a morning without him at home. The two mornings this week were spent with Emily, at the hospital, and at physical therapy for my knee.

Wednesday morning, as we were going down the stairs to leave, I went to unlock the door and open it to go out into the garage (as always). Charlie was on about the third stair and just started pitching a fit. He started pointing to himself and saying "uh" with each poke. I could only conclude that he wanted to open the door himself. Soon, he'll probably be pitching that fit saying, "me do it!" That's the first time I've seen him point to himself when he wanted to do something. Usually it's just a fit.

No comments: