Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Last Blast Summer Olympics

This past Sunday, we had the Last Blast Summer Olympics at our church for our youth and youth from other congregations in the metro ATL area. I'm not sure how many congregations were represented but I think we had around 120 kids. Our summer intern, Andrew, planned it all with some help from the Moore family. It was a big hit with the kids. They were divided into 5 teams and they competed in different events throughout the afternoon. These included events like volleyball, dodgeball, homerun derby, water balloon toss, walk the line, an obstacle course, Bible trivia and others. Hot dogs were served for dinner and we had a devo following. Here are a few pics from the day...

pictures courtesy of Emma Feltner

Charlie and I weren't involved much with the activities for obvious reasons. I guess we were really just there for show. :\ But, Charlie had a great time pushing his mower and bike around and had a blast on the playground. I got him to slide down the slide with me at the bottom to catch him. He would climb up the rock wall on the back and then slide down. The best part of the whole event for us was the band. Charlie entertained while the band practiced and did their mic checks. He kept wanting them to play more. That night at the concert, Charlie showed off his moves. Child's got some rhythm! He loves the music. The band played oldies but goodies and a few contemporary hits. See for yourself...
After everything was over, Charlie got to play in the balloons that were left. He got sooo excited over them. I even heard his excited laugh that sounds sinister. That's when you know he's having fun! Emma, Morgan and Michael, I think, enjoyed it as much as Charlie did!

No comments: