Sunday, July 12, 2009

Horizons 2009

Charlie and I spent last week in Henderson, TN at Freed-Hardeman University for Horizons 2009. The theme was "Wonderful, Merciful Savior". It was an awesome week! All the lessons/classes were inspiring and uplifting.

Get ready for a long post because I've got to cover a week's worth of Horizons and Charlie moments! So, there's lots of pictures and lots of videos!
I was a counselor with friends of mine from my church - Kathy, Morgan & Emma. We had the best group of girls on our hall. They were so much fun and didn't give us a bit of trouble. We even had one to decide to be baptized. That was truly an awesome moment! Here are a couple of pics of our girls doing a craft during Counselor time at night...
Charlie's favorite part of the day was the Grande Pelota! (large ball in spanish) During the morning wake-up time in the auditorium, there was ball time and then the Grand Pelota would make an appearance. We never got to touch it because it never came our way but every time we entered the auditorium, Charlie immediately started saying, "ball? ball? ball?" with his hands turned up like "where is it?"
Then, someone gave Charlie a "pequena pelota". (small ball) He had a blast playing with Andrew (our summer intern).
Let's see...other moments...Charlie got to talk to his daddy almost every night. He enjoyed hearing his dad's voice. He would just grin and rock back and forth on his feet while he talked. I had trouble getting the phone away from him so I could talk to Daniel. It was fun for me to watch him.
Charlie stayed entertained in the dorm room with his cars. I set up the race track and that is about all he played with when we were in the room. Kathy, Morgan and Emma all had their turn playing with him.Charlie's bathtime...
Monday night, Kathy, Morgan and Emma did karaoke at the coffee shop. Charlie loved the music that everyone was performing and would dance...
Thursday night was awards night. It was done similar to the Academy Awards. There were awards given in amongst the talent show. Due to the theme, the counselors were asked to dress up for the occasion. Kathy and I swapped duties with Morgan and Emma so they could dress up. Kathy was paparazzi and I was an usher. Andrew dressed up in a tux as well. I couldn't let Charlie miss out on all the fun so I asked around and found him a tux too! All night I kept hearing "awww" and "he's so cute!" So, I guess it was a hit. You can decide for yourself. Here are pics from the night...

One of the highlights of the week for me was "racquetball singing". Our youth group along with about 3 or 4 other groups went to the racquetball courts on campus. Since the court is completely sealed, the acoustics are incredible. I about couldn't sing because it affected me to the point of tears.

It was a great week and I will continue to keep going year after year. It is physically and emotionally draining but is worth every minute of it. I pray everyone there was pricked in their hearts to truly seek out who Jesus is as our wonderful, merciful Savior.

No comments: