We opened the gifts everyone brought for Charlie. He got lots of books, which he loves, and other toys like blocks, puzzles, a shape sorter, etc.
Charlie also visited the playground. He got to swing for the first time and got to go on the slide for the first time. He enjoyed both.
Charlie was a trooper for the whole party. Not one cry except when I took his juice cup away to refill it. He did, however, crash when we got home.
That night, we had dinner with all our family and a couple of friends (that might as well be family) at the house. We had waited to open all their presents that night. Man, did Charlie rack up! These included a rocking horse from Grandma and Grandpa; a water wheel play table from Aunt Stacey, Uncle Mike, and Branson; a lawn mower and Auburn clothes from Aunt Laura and Uncle Jimmy; some clothes and money from Big; and an inflatable pool from Terry and Kathy Moore. Gram and Papa gave Charlie a beautiful toybox!
So, Daniel and I have got to find room for all these gifts along with the slide we bought him. It's not like Charlie didn't have enough already! And, unfortunately, everything won't fit in the new toybox. Luckily, the slide, water wheel play table, and pool are all outside toys.
Now for the special thanks that I need to extend. A special thanks to Daniel for putting up with my perfectionist mentality and for my spazzed out attitude while trying to decide whether to have the party at home or at the park that day. You are my pillar of strength and sanity in times like those. A special thanks to Grandma, Grandpa, Gram, Papa, Aunt Laura, and Aunt Stacey for all you did to help that day. I really couldn't have pulled all that together without you. You were the best workers a mom could ask for! And a special thanks to Chris Haywood and Jonathan Collins. Chris took all the pictures that day and Jonathan was able to capture the event on video. And, last, but not least, thanks be to God for getting me through the day! :)
Here are some pictures from the day...



6 comments:
Beautiful pictures! Looks like Charlie had a great first birthday!
Looks like tons of fun.. Great pictures. Did you take that picture of him on the swing? I'd be interested in knowing what camera you were using and what settings. I always have a hard time with motion pictures!
Your pictures are great! The one of Charlie in the swing from the side is the best! Congrats on pulling off a fun 1st birthday party.
Happy Birthday, Charlie!
What great pictures:)
Hi! I stumbled across your blog on google when I did a search for birthdays at swift cantrell park. I am considering having my three year old's birthday there. Do you recommend it? Thanks! -Stacey
Looks like fun!
My Charlie is turning 2 (he's my 3rd) & we want his party there too in September...did u have to reserve the Pavillion or just show up early to claim it? Thanks so much!
TAMMI
Post a Comment