It becomes more and more real as we approach moving day. Painting and carpet cleaning are happening this week as well as pics of the house and getting it on the market to rent.
Yesterday, I had Charlie say good-bye to the airplanes in his room before he went to school. He asked why we were painting etc. and then just broke down in tears. He was so upset over the thought of no more airplanes in his room. Doesn't that just break your heart? It did mine. Charlie has been so great to take everything in stride...including giving the dog and cat away. I guess this one just hit too close to home. I promised him I would save him a few airplanes and we would put them up in his new room in England. That seemed to help.
Charlie was anxious to see the changes when he got home from school so that made me know that he was over it. He did ask me where his planes were though.
Other things going on are inventory for the shipping container for insurance reasons (who knew I'd have to count every item of clothing in the house), mailing change of address cards, changing all our bills to paperless with the new contact info., getting fingerprints/biometrics done for our visas, selling the last few items on Craigslist and moving LOTS of furniture and toys around to get everything back in place for Friday's pics.
Even amongst the choas...atleast we can still enjoy the fun things...cupcakes and a little PBS Kids.



No comments:
Post a Comment