I sent Lucy on the trip of her life yesterday...a 10 hour trip to Pennsylvannia. The Evans family adopted her and took her home with them yesterday. Boy, was that hard for me to do. I was a mess while packing up her food, scratching pad, etc. and then once she left. I think Khaki going first helped me cope but it was still really hard.
Lucy was my comfort for so many years. I got her at the beginning of my freshman year at Auburn. I cried many tears snuggled up to her while adjusting to being away from home. She went with me to my first apartment in Montgomery and was my roomie for years. She was my first baby in a sense. My sweet greeting when I got home each day. Lucy even made the move to GA with me.
Over the years, she retreated due to a husband, a dog and babies coming into my life but she was always ready to be hugged any time I needed her...for 16 1/2 years. I will miss her alot but my hope is that she will be that sweet, comforting kitty for either Debbie or Jessica. Lucy helped me through many transitions. She was my constant when everything was turned upside down for me. It will be strange to make a new move without her.
Daniel and I have been going through old computers pulling off files I want to keep. I came across some Lucy pics so I'll share...
So here's my goodbye to my sweet kitty, Lucy. I know you will enjoy your new family and they will certainly enjoy you just as my family has! I love you so...






1 comment:
Melissa, that was so touching to read. I have had cats that made me feel the same as I moved from state to state. Lucy is so loved here and even spent an hour on my tummy last night. She's a real heater oven, by the way! We'll post pictures as she lives here in PA.
Post a Comment