Saturday, January 29, 2011

Philip - 6 months old

My little baby Philip turned 6 months old this week. His half birthday as some call it. Philip is a joy. He's such an easygoing baby. I got really lucky with two great babies. Philip is my ticklish one and his laugh will just warm your heart...as well as his smile. I love to hug and cuddle with him because he's so cushy. I think I am enjoying Philip more as a baby than I did with Charlie. I think it's just he second baby thing and I'm not so nervous about everything...I don't really have time to be paranoid!

Philip has gotten really active in the last month. He rolls and rolls and rolls. He is never still and will not stay in one spot if you lay him down. He has begun to spend a little more time on his belly since he will now play with toys around him. I think he still prefers to be on his back though. Philip reaches out and can grasp things quite well. Everything goes to the mouth though which is a change from Charlie. Charlie was very picky about what went in his mouth. Philip prefers fabric...your shirt, his burp cloths, blankets, etc. If he's near one, he's pulling it towards the mouth to suck on it. He has recently found his feet. They've become great entertainment for him. He has yet to get them to his mouth but he keeps trying. :)
I have determined the little piggy will eat whatever you give him. There's no turning food away. He is doing great with solids. We've gone through many veggies and have moved on to some fruits. He has yet to turn his nose up at anything. Up until a couple of days ago, it hadn't affected the time between feedings off mama but recently I have noticed he's holding out a little longer. Not by much but some. He has really just begun to not nurse as long since we started solids. It's still about every 2.5 hours between feedings.

He continues to sleep well. I've begun to notice a little bit of a routine in naps during the day and have been trying to get some kind of schedule with him. Most days his nightly routine consists of eating dinner, nursing around 7:30 or so and then to bed by 8:30. He will sleep for around 11 to 12 hours.

Philip has found his voice. It is so sweet to listen to him. I really don't know how he's going to get a word in with his older brother, Mr. Chatterbox, living here but we'll see! I've heard/seen him blow raspberries so he this is beginning to become fun for him. His laughs and squeals are even sweet and nobody can bring those out like Charlie. Philip loves to watch Charlie...and Charlie eats it up! Philip is already showing signs of wanting to be down on the floor after his big brother so I have a feeling he might be on the move sooner than we want him too!

Philip is gaining strength to sit up on his own. He does fairly well if supported but just folds double if you try and get him to do it on his own. That's mainly due to the fact that he's found his feet so he's usually after them.

Philip's 6 month well check-up is on Tuesday so I'll post his stats then...hopefully. :) This two kids thing makes it harder to find time to get frivilous things done and nighttime is becoming sacred since Charlie rarely naps during the day. Blogging gets pushed to the backburner as evidenced that I haven't blogged in almost 2 weeks. So, anyway...enjoy some pics...

2 comments:

Tapshop321 said...

so cute and beautiful. ilove your photos. Amazing post. Thanks for sharing... keep it up and we will be waiting for your next post.




Houston SEO

Houston Search Engine Optimization

Anonymous said...

umm...who is tapshop321?