Tuesday, February 1, 2011

6 month check-up

Philip went in for his 6 month well check-up today. The first thing the doc asked me was, "does anybody believe that he's only 6 months old?" :\ Um...no. But, that just proves that he's healthy! His stats affirm that as well...weight - 20 lbs. 3 oz. (97%); height - 28 3/4" (upper 97%); head circumference - 18 1/4" (97%). Some of the things that were asked: Can he roll both ways? Reaches for objects? Pass and object from one hand to the other? Can he sit up while leaning on his hands (tripod position)? Does he make direct eye contact? Does he turn toward sounds like when you call his name? Does he babble, squeal, etc? And the answer to all of them is "yes."


Philip is sleeping through the night (11-12 hours). Two naps (sometimes three) a day. Eating is fine - nurses 4-5 times a day for about 20 minutes at a time. He eats cereal, fruits and veggies throughout the day. One of my concerns was if I was feeding him too much/not enough. She asked if he had begun to close his mouth and turn his head away when he was full. I giggled and said I haven't gotten him to that point yet. I was afraid to keep feeding him! That boy will eat til there's nothing left and still want more! She said he was a little skinny for his height and to go ahead and feed that boy! I am afraid that it will begin to take the place of nursing so I'm gonna have to watch my timing but it's a good thing that I've been building my supply of baby food.


On a different note, I started using cloth diapers on Philip yesterday. He was in them all day today. Love them. I need to get a pail and a liner but other than that, I think it's going to work out great! For those who haven't seen a cloth diaper in a while, go to http://www.bumgenius.com/ and check them out. We're not talking your momma's prefolds with rubber pants! Who knew diapers could be high-tech!?! I feel so proud using cloth diapers and making my own baby food, etc. Doing what's best for my baby, helping out mother earth a little bit, and saving money all at the same time...what could be better?


And, I'll leave you with a sweet picture...Charlie decided Philip needed to look like Mr. Potato Head...

No comments: