Sunday, January 9, 2011

Philip - 5 months old

Well, before Philip turns 6 months old, I guess I should post about him being 5 months old. :) He's still my little chunky monkey...weighing in at almost 20 pounds. And, I just can't get enough of those sweet chubby cheeks. Best sugar around! Philip has begun to make more sounds and loves talking to you and to any of his toys. He loves his big brother as well and nobody can make him giggle like Charlie can. Philip is grasping things with both hands and, of course, they go immediately to the mouth. He prefers soft fabrics to chew/suck on. We've been known to give him a burp cloth to soothe him. Philip can roll from front to back and back to front. He is a rolly polly and it's hard to keep him on his mat...he just keeps rolling off it into the floor. Philip is eating and sleeping good. I'm hoping you can't feed a baby too much because he eats whatever I give him. He's tried green beans and carrots. I've begun to make food for Philip just as I did with Charlie. Doing that just makes me feel so great...not only that I can save the money but that I can do something so good for him. It also gives him more variety. I have finally gotten Philip to take a bottle again (please don't let this have jinxed it!). However, I have never been able to get him to take a paci. He still prefers his thumb and has taken to it even more the past couple of weeks. Well, I think that's about it so here are some pics for you and a video I took last night of him just "talking"...

No comments: