Monday, April 20, 2009
my little back seat driver...
I've noticed the last couple of times Charlie and I have driven past Wal-Mart, he always points to it and gives me the "eh eh" sound. I just say, "Yes, Charlie. It's Wal-Mart. We're not going there today." and he's satisfied. Or, he'll point to the turn-in for Publix. Same scenario. However, yesterday, it was Daniel's weekend to drive the church van so it was just Charlie and me in the car to go to church. Charlie did his usual "eh eh" and pointed at the Publix entrance. And I just said, "Yes, Charlie. That's Publix." So, we're driving along and we get to the place to turn off of Cobb Pkwy. There's an overpass right at the turn and there is usually a little bit of a wait to turn since there is no light. Charlie starts pointing to our left and giving me the "eh eh". It took me a minute to realize what he was pointing at. He was telling me "that is the way we go, mom." I just said, "Oh! Are we suppose to go that way?" and pointed to the left. I got the "yah" sound. I guess we go that way often! :) It tickled me and amazed me all at the same time that he remembers things like that. But, it doesn't surprise me in that he is all about a routine and having things the same way every time or putting things back in their place. So, we're continuing our trek to church and get to the next turn..."eh eh eh". I look in the mirror and he's pointing to the right this time! "Oh, am I suppose to go that way, Charlie?" "Yah." My little back seat driver...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No need for GPS when you've got Charlie.
So cute!! He is an awesome little boy.
Wow, Charlie is already better with directions than I am!
Post a Comment