Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

The three of us spent the weekend in AL with family for Easter. It was a busy weekend but we enjoyed it all the same. Daniel was able to take a half a day off on Friday so we got on the road earlier than we expected. This made it possible for us to stop by in Auburn and visit my best friend from high school and her two kids. Her husband, unfortunately, was at work so we missed seeing him. She looked great considering she is in the middle of chemo right now. (Please keep her in your prayers!) Her two kids are so cute and Charlie enjoyed running around and playing with them. We only stayed an hour or so then headed to Elba.

Saturday was jam packed. I took on a side job to design an addition for the church where my parents attend so I spent some time taking pictures and getting some measurements since I was in town. Mom and I also did some shopping. Thanks for the shoes, Mom! Saturday afternoon, my sister and I went to a reception for a lady in town that has headed up the Girl Scout Troop there for 38 years. My sister and I were both a part of the troop in high school so we felt like we needed to make an appearance. We saw many people that we haven't seen in years! That night, Charlie got to stay with my parents while Daniel and I went to a get-together for his cousin who got married Friday night. It was at a cabin out in the middle of nowhere and it was fabulous! I guess we all long for a place like that.

Sunday, we got all prettied up and went to church and then to lunch. Charlie got a short nap in church so when we got home from lunch, we wouldn't lay down for his usual afternoon nap. Not a good thing. I, in the meantime, had a meeting with the preacher and two of the elders at the church to discuss the project.

We then headed to Daniel's sister's house for an Easter egg hunt. Charlie got a short nap on the way over there and I so hated to wake him up when we got there. Since these two short naps were all Charlie had slept, he was not in the best mood. I had my brother-in-law and sister come and try to get some pictures of Charlie in his Easter outfit. Charlie had other ideas and just wanted to walk all over the yard. We couldn't get him to sit still long enough to get the cute shots. I'm hoping they got some good ones though "on the move". :) Charlie really enjoyed the Easter egg hunt. He wasn't happy with me in the beginning because I pulled him away from the direction he was headed to get him to "hunt". But, once he saw me put the egg in his basket and he noticed there were others laying around, he caught on and was unstoppable. He even got to get some of the high ones. It was just Charlie (almost 2), his cousin Branson (7) and Branson's cousin, Faith (2 1/2), who hunted so there were lots for each of them considering there were about 100 eggs hidden. Faith kept bringing eggs and putting them in Charlie's basket. She was so cute.



Daniel took Monday off as well so we drove home on Monday. I was happy to get Charlie back home. He woke up about 5:30 am each morning, which is unusual for him, and he walked and walked and walked all weekend so he completely wore himself out. I put him to bed Monday night around 8:30 pm. Charlie woke up at 10 am the next morning and took a 3 hour nap that day. Poor child. It wore us all out but we really enjoyed our time with family.

No comments: