We had a great time in TN for Labor Day. Charlie got his first case of "the crud" last week so I wasn't sure if we were going to get to go since we were going to visit my grandmother. I didn't want to take all those germs up there for her to catch. I ended up taking Charlie to the pediatrician on Friday and she said it was just sinusitis and put him on antibiotics. So it was up to me if I wanted to take him. My parents drove up to ATL Friday night and we all loaded up and headed to TN on Saturday morning. I was still second guessing going, especially since I was starting to feel a little yucky too, but I'm so glad we went. Charlie now remembers Grandma and Grandpa so he had the best time playing with them. He's not too keen, however, on strangers so my grandmother didn't get to love on him much but he did get to know her at meal times. He sat beside her and played. Every meal, he remembered (even at Olive Garden on Sunday) and tap, tap, tap...
We had to get a little creative for her to get to hold him...nilla wafers are miracle cookies! He sat in her lap and ate every one. It was really good to see her. It's been a while since we were up and I know she was just ecstatic to see all of us. Charlie is such a ham and she laughed all weekend at him. I know that was good for her spirits.

Charlie still will not let go of your hands while walking. We got him to walk with his lawn mower while holding it with one hand and holding your hand with the other. Then, we got him to take a few steps with it on his own. He, of course, fell every time after that and now will not walk with it at all. One step forward...two steps back. Oh well, we'll keep trying. Needless to say, we (um, mostly Grandpa) spent all weekend walking him around. It's all Charlie wants to do these days. So if you are in need of some exercise and you have a strong back, come spend a day at my house...
No comments:
Post a Comment