Well, today I turned 30 years old. Don't really feel any different - not that I really expected to. It just seems weird to think that I'm thirty. I just think back to when I was younger and the people I knew who were thirty or in their thirties. They were always Mrs. So and So and somebody's mom. Oh, wait, I'm now somebody's mom! (That still hasn't sunk in.) I still feel like I relate better to the teenagers instead of the soccer moms. But, slowly, I'm realizing my age as I spend more time with our youth group. I'm the chaperone now (the cool one, though!). Daniel and I can drive these kids all over the place...by ourselves! Are we really old enough to do that? Sadly, yes. :) 30. *sigh* Bye Bye 20's...may you treat someone else as well as you did me!
Thanks to a little help from Daddy, I received my first card from Charlie today...

Daniel treated me extra special this weekend. I stuck him with Daddy Duty alot! That was better than any present he could ever give me (not that I don't want presents too!). It was his turn for a while though and I am feeling much better after my retail therapy session! Thanks Mom and Dad for facilitating that! If they had just had those shoes in my size!I had a nice relaxing day today once we finally got home. We had a preacher try out at church so we had a.m. worship, potluck, then p.m. worship at 1:30. We then took a lady from church home so we got home around 3 or so. The three of us crashed for a couple of hours. It was so great! For dinner tonight, Daniel ran out and got Panda Express. Yum! I only eat a few things Chinese/Thai but oh, how I love those few things! (If any of you live in Montgomery, go by Lek's and eat a spring roll for me!) I think Charlie enjoyed the sweet tea the most!

4 comments:
Happy late birthday! So glad you enjoyed it.
Happy Birthday!! I remember turning 30... I was getting married! Had to shake out the wild and independent 20s first.
Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a good weekend. I just turned 30 too and it's not so bad. :-)
Happy Birthday!! (sorry it's late, but I'm just now reading your post) p.s. are you on facebook?
Post a Comment