Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Charlie says hello

Charlie has definitely found his hands. He has started putting his fists and fingers in his mouth alot. Sometimes, he prefers them over his pacifier. I'm afraid he's going to find that thumb soon and it will all be over! I'm trying to keep that from happening but it's looking like I'm not going to have much choice. I put Charlie down for his afternoon nap the other day and sat down in the living room to eat lunch. I kept hearing this strange noise coming over the monitor. I got up to check on Charlie to see what it was. He was just lying in his crib, wide awake, with four fingers in his mouth. I was hearing the sucking and smacking. Whenever you hold Charlie up on your shoulder, he immediately goes for the fist and starts smacking. I can't get him to roll over when I put him on a pallette because he's too preoccupied sucking on his fists!

Another thing that's been funny is the amount of drooling he does. I had forgotten about that part with a little one. I was informed that this will continue to happen until he gets all of his teeth. Until then, he's styling some new bibs!

While Daniel and I were sitting and eating dinner tonight, Charlie was apparently carrying on a conversation with his green elephant on his bouncy seat. I decided to get the camera out and see if he would talk to me. Success! Have fun watching. (Sorry it's turned sideways.) Let me know if you can decipher the story he's telling! I think he's telling me about his green elephant.
Having trouble posting video...coming soon.

No comments: