Friday, June 14, 2013

worshipping in Cambridge

When my dear friend, Becky, found out we were moving to Cambridge, her first response was "I know people in Cambridge!"  Turns out, she knows a family here through her BIL and SIL and they are members of the church of Christ.  I've been emailing the Chadwick family ever since.

The first Sunday we were here, since we didn't have a car yet, Brian came and picked us up for worship.  It is just the Chadwick family and one other family that meet together on Sundays.  We met in the school where Brian works.  Malena, his wife, bent over backwards to make sure we  felt welcome and had a class prepared just for the boys.  We really enjoyed worshipping our great God with some of His children here in Cambridge. 

Brian and Malena invited us to their house for lunch and we just had a grand ole time!  The boys retreated to the kids' rooms for Beyblades!  Guess it's an international thing!  Daniel and I just sat and chatted with Brian and Malena.  Love them!  Malena is just a ball of energy and alot of fun.  Brian is more reserved but a genuine guy that you just can't help but like.  They have 5 kids that range from about 16 to 7.  I can't wait to get to know this family better while here.

As we were getting ready to leave, Philip wanted to go see the bunnies.  The Chadwicks have two rabbits that they keep in a building in their yard but had them out in the cage in the yard for the aftenoon since the weather was nice.  Charlie was hesistant at first but after feeding them MANY leaves and dandelions, it was hard to get both of them to leave.  They keep asking to go back and see the bunnies and have fed them each time we've been back.  :)

We did visit another congregation here in Cambridge.  It is about 15 people or so.  They were very sweet and I was quite impressed with the lady that taught the kids' class.  However, you know how you just know when you're in the right spot?  Well, I think Daniel and I felt that with the Chadwicks instead of this congregation, even after just one visit with each.  So, I'm guessing that's where we'll be for our time here.  We do have a few questions/issues to inquire about but that's with any new congregation you visit.

So, thank you Becky for introducing us to the Chadwick family.  We love them!

No comments: