Since we are limited on the amount of "stuff" available to play with in our temporary apartment, we've had to get creative. We go to a playground almost every day just to burn some energy but Charlie is constantly saying, "What do we do now?" especially when Philip is napping in the afternoon. He's never been one to play on his own. And, I can only play cars for so long. We've incorporated Pringles cans (Charlie's new drum), egg cartons, cereal boxes for "What's in the box?" game, and I've been saving paper towel and toilet paper rolls for some future projects.
I started having craft time during those lull times. Here are some of Charlie's creations minus the paper TRex and paper snake...
We collected little sticks at the playground one day and made these...
Our biggest endeavor was a Books of the Bible Train...
There have been countless games of Candy Land and Zingo...
I think one of their favorite inventions has been the blanket fort between their beds...
Soccer in the hall, basketball with the laundry hamper, hide-and-go-seek, making a house out of pillows on Mommy & Daddy's bed, the list goes on...
Needless to say, we're ready for a schedule or just some room to spread out but so far, we're making it. I'm thankful for a many things in life. Right now, I'm quite thankful for an apartment with separate bedrooms and a complete kitchen (instead of a hotel room) and I'm thankful for construction paper! :)
We make the move today to another apartment because the one we're in was only available until the 27th. Luckily, they had one available downstairs. Unfortunately, it is a one bedroom so for the next week, we're going to be a little more cramped. I'm slowly becoming more aquainted with things and making some friends so playgroups are beginning to be available to us. However, they are really only for Philip's age. Looking forward to getting into a new house...






















1 comment:
So much quality time spent with your kids.......lovely...
Post a Comment