Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus

The Greatest Show on Earth...
Some friends of ours, the Johnsons, invited us to join them at the Ringling Bros./Barnum & Bailey Circus at Philips Arena on Saturday, Feb. 19th. This was Charlie's first time at the circus and was, obviously, Philip's first time as well.

As the show began, Charlie's face just lit up! He was so excited over all the things he saw...especially the elephants.He clapped along when prompted. He was amazed at the guys turning flips in the air! Charlie loved seeing the tigers! And, he was enamored when the motorcycles came out! I'll have to say that Daniel and I were quite impressed too at getting 7 guys on motorcycles in that sphere.

Charlie was also quite excited to go to the circus with his friend, Alex. Becky and I had such fun watching these two. They made the night so much more exciting to view the circus through our boys' eyes.
Philip, however, could have done without the circus. He had his dinner but was then ready to go to bed. All the sounds and lights, etc., just made it hard for him to relax and go to sleep so he fought it a long time. This meant that I was up bouncing and pacing for a while. Luckily, I had taken my ABC carrier with me. It was a life saver. Once I put him in that and blocked out some of the light, he finally went to sleep. So, I didn't get to just sit and enjoy the show but we were in Matt's company's suite so it wasn't a problem. And, yes, we are now spoiled to the suite and don't really want to ever go back to the general public seats. :) I also didn't get to take many pictures but here are a few of the ones I/Daniel got...
And, since Charlie loves to watch videos on my blog, I'm adding in the video of the elephants...

1 comment:

The Wilsons in Georgia said...

I wanted to take Emily to the circus this year but because of Abigail's age we decided to wait until next year. It looks really cool!