Sunday, March 6, 2011

Philip - 7 months old

Philip has turned 7 months old. It just went right past me almost before I realized it. That is the reason for this post being a week late. However, Philip has nonetheless continued to get cuter, fatter, and happier. Well, he's showing his happiness now...many squeals, laughs, feet kicks, etc. You know Philip is content and happy when those feet are kicking, especially the left one. That little left foot just goes up and down when riding in a stroller, eating a meal, or just sitting in your lap. Philip is such a joy in our lives. I still love to squeeze him because you just can't resist him. Those little cheeks beg for kisses! I hope it's always that way. :)

Everyone talks about how good of a baby he is. And, they're right! He's so easy-going and content most of the time. Philip has become a mama's boy though. He's going through that stage where if he sees me, he's unhappy until I hold him or give him my undivided attention. I love it but it's exhausting! He can be screaming and pitching a fit and the minute I pick him up, he turns it off immediately, grabs two handfuls of hair and pushes his face into me with that thumb going into his mouth. Yes, he's still a thumb sucker and yes, he's just like his brother in that he loves hair. I guess most babies do but it seems to be excessive with my two. Charlie has given it up but Philip has taken his place.

Philip has developed a schedule for most days. He's usually up around 7:30 or 8:00 for his first meal. Breakfast is usually around 9:00 or 9:30. Naptime begins at 10:30 or 11:00 with a feeding beforehand. Lunch is around 12:30. Then, naptime begins again around 2:00 with a feeding beforehand. His afternoon snack is around 4:30 or 5:00. Dinner at 6:30. Last feeding at 7:30 or 8:00 and he's down for the night by then. He's sleeping for about 12 hours at night and an hour and a half or two hours at naptime when possible. Some mornings, he just catnaps due to dropping off and picking up Charlie from school. Breakfast is a fruit and some cereal (oatmeal, rice cereal, etc.). Lunch is a fruit and a veggie. Dinner is all three components. He eats every bite! So, eating is not a problem for this boy! :) He's learned what a bottle is and if he spots one, it's eating time whether it's got milk in it or not. He just about won't give up the bottle when it's empty either. I have to hide them when he's done or he's after it. That's funny to me because he rarely gets fed through a bottle.

Philip is sitting up quite well now. If he's occupied, he can sit for long periods of time. He's also learning how to roll towards something he wants. You'll see his feet start to move if he's lying on his belly and can't reach something so we'll see how long it it before he figures out how to crawl or slide to that object.

One of his favorite toys is his linkadoos or rings as we call them. But, Charlie is by far his favorite entertainment! Tonight, Charlie would stand in the kitchen and slowly walk toward Philip saying, "I'm gonna tickle you!" When Charlie would reach Philip and tickle him, Philip would just cackle. He got to where he would cackle before Charlie even got to him. Daniel and I just grinned watching them. Charlie is a great big brother. He does show some signs of jealousy sometimes but what big brother wouldn't? He is so good to take care of Philip especially when he's crying. You'll hear Charlie say, "It's alright, Philip." or "You're ok, Philip." So sweet! He brings him toys when he's on the floor to play or in his high chair to eat. Charlie is the first to make sure Philip has a toy to play with in the car and gets upset when Philip drops it.
Well, I think that about covers it. I know most of you just want to see pictures so here you go. I also got a little video of Philip today talking and blowing raspberries. He was in such a good mood that I just couldn't pass it up! Enjoy!

No comments: