Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Charlie's overnight adventures

While Daniel and I spent a few days at the hospital for Philip's arrival, Charlie took a grand adventure to the Moore house. And, I think they were just as excited about it. I hadn't told Charlie where he would spend those days for a couple of reasons: one, I didn't know when he would be going and two, I didn't want to hear it for days on end until it finally came. But, as Daniel and I were headed to the hospital that Tuesday morning, Charlie found out that he was going to Mo's house (the Moore's) with Kathy and he was super excited! There was no hesitation on our part to send him there. It is by far one of his favorite places to be.

Some of the things I heard he got to do was go to the park to play on the playground, go with Morgan to eat lunch with Michael, and play ball outside with Kathy. He apparently got to eat lots of chicken fingers too! I can only imagine how many chips with cheese dip he ate when they took him to the mexican restaurant. :) They also took him to Bible study that Wednesday night. Charlie slept on the floor in Morgan's room and I was told that when he woke up the next morning, he just came walking down the stairs like it was his own house.

I can only imagine what other things filled the days! We were lucky that Morgan finished her last final that Tuesday morning and was out until fall semester so she was able to keep Charlie during the days. I don't think Charlie missed Daniel and me much, which looking back, I am thankful for. I sure missed Charlie when he was gone but we are so appreciative and so blessed to have friends like Terry, Kathy and Morgan who were there to take care of him. This allowed my parents and Daniel's parents to be at the hospital with Philip without worrying about Charlie.

So a BIG "thank you" to the Moore's! Charlie is truly blessed to have you in his life. We love you!

The last night we were in the hospital, Charlie stayed back at the house with Daniel's parents, Gram and Papa. Let the spoiling continue! :) They played and played in Charlie's room and when they just couldn't go any longer...went to bed. Gram told me that Charlie just climbed up into bed with them that night and within about 12 seconds, Charlie was asleep! The next morning was filled with more playing before they came back to the hospital. I didn't even ask in what other ways they spoiled him. I just figured I would stay in the dark on that one!

No comments: