Saturday night was the Fall Festival and Trunk N Treat at our church. Daniel and I are in charge of this event each year so it was a busy day for us but was all worth it once we saw how much fun the kids were having...especially Charlie. He had a ball! It took him a little bit to warm up to the chaos of it all but as soon as he realized he was getting candy, he was hooked! :) We did the lollipops first. He just enjoyed pulling them out and then was introduced to the prize bucket. This brought a smile to his face. Charlie then tried the ring toss. This is just tossing rings onto a sheet full of prizes. Whatever is inside the ring when it lands, that's what you get to keep. Charlie didn't care about the prizes on this game. He just wanted to keep throwing the rings. I did finally get him to do the can toss. He enjoyed just putting the bean bags in the hole on the bean bag toss. He had such a great time getting to shoot the gun on the turkey shoot. But, by far, the ring toss was his favorite of the games.
Charlie enjoyed eating hotdogs but wouldn't eat the popcorn...
Out of everything he did, like all kids, his favorite thing to do of the night was the bouncy. It was a 5 in 1 deal that had a place to jump, an obstacle course, a ladder to climb up and a slide to go back down. I'm not sure why they call it a 5 in 1 because that's only 4 things but I digress. This was not the first time Charlie has seen a bouncy but this was the first time we got him to go in. Daniel went in with him first. I went in a few times with him. The ladder to get to the top is next to impossible to climb, especially trying to get a 2 year old up with you. I don't know how the kids kept doing it. I would get about half way up, lose my footing and slide back down...Charlie in tow. He just laughed at the whole thing, luckily. I did manage to make it up once. I was out of breath by the time we slid down though. All worth it when I saw the smile on Charlie's face. It was funny to see the picture later and see what reaction Charlie had going down though! 
Charlie and I rode the hayride which he was uneasy about at first but didn't want to get off once it stopped. We then did trunk n treat. The decorations freaked him out but again, once he realized they were giving candy, he changed his mind. :)
We had a costume contest for ages 6 mos - 5 years old, 6 yrs - 13 yrs, and 14 yrs and up. Charlie won the best costume in his age group. I was flattered since I made it myself, even though he was truly working that costume! He really was quite cute in it! I got many, many complements.
The three of us had a great time at Fall Festival this year! I can't wait to see Charlie at it next year! Here are more pics from the night...
Charlie enjoyed eating hotdogs but wouldn't eat the popcorn...
Out of everything he did, like all kids, his favorite thing to do of the night was the bouncy. It was a 5 in 1 deal that had a place to jump, an obstacle course, a ladder to climb up and a slide to go back down. I'm not sure why they call it a 5 in 1 because that's only 4 things but I digress. This was not the first time Charlie has seen a bouncy but this was the first time we got him to go in. Daniel went in with him first. I went in a few times with him. The ladder to get to the top is next to impossible to climb, especially trying to get a 2 year old up with you. I don't know how the kids kept doing it. I would get about half way up, lose my footing and slide back down...Charlie in tow. He just laughed at the whole thing, luckily. I did manage to make it up once. I was out of breath by the time we slid down though. All worth it when I saw the smile on Charlie's face. It was funny to see the picture later and see what reaction Charlie had going down though! 
Charlie and I rode the hayride which he was uneasy about at first but didn't want to get off once it stopped. We then did trunk n treat. The decorations freaked him out but again, once he realized they were giving candy, he changed his mind. :)We had a costume contest for ages 6 mos - 5 years old, 6 yrs - 13 yrs, and 14 yrs and up. Charlie won the best costume in his age group. I was flattered since I made it myself, even though he was truly working that costume! He really was quite cute in it! I got many, many complements.
The three of us had a great time at Fall Festival this year! I can't wait to see Charlie at it next year! Here are more pics from the night...



1 comment:
Charlie looks so cute in his costume. I can't believe he wore the headpiece for you. I know you guys put a lot of work into the fall festival so I'm glad to hear it was a success.
Post a Comment