We have discovered that Charlie is all about a routine. Here are a few examples:
1. If Charlie is up when I take a shower, he is in the bathroom with me as I get ready. The first thing I do is wrap my head in my towel and find some clothes. Before I get done doing that, Charlie is patting my chair, going "uh, uh, uh" for me to sit down. After that, he points to my head...uh, uh, uh...I towel dry my hair. Uh, uh, uh, and pointing at my hair dryer is next. I recently changed which brush I use while I dry my hair. This has thrown him off. He's usually content once I turn on the hair dryer and will go play but lately he keeps handing me my other brush. Once I'm done drying my hair, he opens my vanity drawer and starts pulling out various compacts and hands them to me. Charlie knows I put my makeup on next. Daniel got to experience this the other day and got tickled.
2. At night, after Charlie's bath, we always brush his teeth. When you're putting his pajamas on, he starts doing the sign for eat so most nights we would get him a snack before brushing his teeth. Well, we figured out that he's not hungry. He's telling you to brush his teeth. You brush his teeth and he points to the flosser. Yes, I floss his teeth. Then he points to the cup for some water. And lastly, he points to the towel for you to wipe his mouth and hands. He'll even point for you to hang the towel back up. Along with all the pointing is of course the uh, uh, uh's.
3. The one that surprised me the most...the other night Daniel was going to give Charlie his bath. I took Charlie into his room to take his clothes and diaper off. I got him undressed and set him on the floor and told him to go to his daddy for his bath. Instead of doing that, Charlie opened the bottom drawer of his changing table and pulled out a towel. So, I handed him a washcloth and off he went to the tub. I just got so tickled. Charlie knew I always get him a towel and washcloth out to go to his bath. I was just going to bring it behind him but Charlie knew that towel and washcloth went with him.
I'm sure there are more but I can't think of any right now. I guess we're all like that to an extent but it's just funny to watch as Charlie learns how the world works. It's also made me see what habitual people we are.
No comments:
Post a Comment