Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year's

We got to go and spend some time with my grandmother in TN between Christmas and New Year's. I, unfortunately, was as sick as a dog with sinus stuff. I haven't been that sick in a while. Luckily, my parents were with us so between Daniel and the two of them, Charlie was well occupied while I laid up in the bed. I felt even worse because I wasn't able to spend time with my grandmother but I know she understood. It was good to see that she is doing well though. I just wish we could get her out of the house more.

We, including my parents, came back to GA in time for New Year's. My aunt and uncle, that live nearby, were hosting a Hall family get together at their house. We came back into town on New Year's Eve and I was just glad to be home and just wanted to go to bed so Mom, Charlie and I stayed home while Dad and Daniel made an appearance at the party. When I got up the next day, I still felt awful. My aunt and uncle were having lunch at their house and I was so wishy-washy about going because of how I felt. I finally decided just to suck it up and go because that's the only time I get to see some of my family during the year since my grandmother died. I did ok. Tylenol is a miracle drug and I had cough medicine so I survived. We had a great time just visiting and during the white elephant (dirty santa) game. It didn't get too rowdy. Charlie did well as long as Daniel or I were there with him. He would go anywhere with Grandpa or Grandma as well but wouldn't give anyone else the time of day. He just doesn't do well with strangers. Everyone wanted to love on him so badly though. Thanks to my aunt and uncle for having the whole gang over!

No comments: