Monday, November 17, 2008

random thoughts on a monday afternoon

let's see...random thoughts...

1. Charlie, contrary to a prior post, is not walking on his own. Well, he's taking a few steps on his own. We have yet to get him to walk as much as he did a week ago as seen on the post.

2. Is it time to wean your child from the pacifier if he is biting through the silicone? I've thrown away four in the last month due to this and he only uses them in church and to go to sleep.

3. I got in a mood and cleaned my kitchen and bathroom on Friday and Saturday. Now my fingertips are sore due to the scrubber part on the sponge.

4. Is it unusual to get on to your dog more than your child? Poor Khaki just doesn't have a chance when you've got a one year old throwing you toys to chase. How's a dog to resist that? Unfortunately, she takes the toy to her pillow and proceeds to chew it to pieces. So, on a day like today, I spend most of my morning chasing a dog and prying her teeth apart to retrieve whatever toy Charlie has given to her. Charlie gets so excited to do this but I've told him over and over not to give things/food to the dog. Of course, he just looks at me with that blank stare and throws something else to her. Then, I realize that I was the one who taught him to throw the ball to Khaki. I never thought he would start throwing toys to her. *sigh* I fished out a little pressboard book today. It now has permanent teeth marks.

5. I bought Charlie a new pair of tennis shoes last week. He's worn them a couple of times and they were really hard to get on him so we determined they were too small. So, today I decided to take them back to get a larger size. Luckily, I still had the receipt but had pulled the tag off for him to wear them and threw it away. I was afraid that they wouldn't take them back if I didn't have the tag too. I remembered throwing the tag away in the trash can in Charlie's room. We take this trash out fairly often since it gets full of wet diapers. (We only put dirty diapers in the diaper genie.) To make a long story short, I knew right where it was but this location was the trash can outside. Ugh...that's was disgusting. But, like I said, I knew right where it was so I found it rather quickly.

6. I'm excited about going home (Elba) for Thanksgiving. I always enjoy so much spending time with my family and with Daniel's family. Daniel has taken the week off so we'll get extra time to see everyone.

7. I'm also excited that Christmas is right around the corner. I always love this time of year. I'm not, however, looking forward to presents for everyone on a "no money" budget. I guess it's time to use the creative part of my brain and get to work. When all's said and done, I'm sure I will have loved doing it. I'm just stressed about it right now.

Well, there's random for you. It took me about 6 hours to do this post because I kept having to leave and come back to it. You know...dinner, bath, bedtime, husband time, Jon & Kate plus 8, etc. :) Now, it's my bedtime because I'm sure Charlie will wake sometime during the night, as he's been doing for the past week, and we'll have, actually I'll have, about 30-45 minutes of crying and screaming to deal with. I try to not involve Daniel in these since he has to work the next day but the screaming normally wakes him up anyway. So off to bed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waking up could be teething, inner ear, growth spurt...? Is he rubbing his ears or doesn't like to lay his head down. After all the baby teeth were in, at least we could narrow down the problem. Really makes you wish they could tell you what is wrong.. Everytime just before they would get taller, they would go thru a wk of waking up- I bet their joints were hurting.
Retta