Thursday, October 30, 2008

week in AL

I got to spend all of last week in Alabama. It was so nice to visit with family and not have to cram it into a weekend. My parents decided to come up the weekend before last as mentioned in my air show post. Daniel had a family reunion in AL this past weekend so Charlie and I jumped in the car with my mom and dad that Sunday and we rode back with Daniel this past Sunday. I hate that somebody has to stay and make some money to pay the bills...sorry sweetie. But, Charlie and I had a great week. I think I only had one day where somebody wasn't off from work to visit with us. We got to spend some quality time with Daniel's grandmother and see Branson, my nephew, play soccer. We got to see my sister and brother-in-law. Charlie warmed up to everyone well. I was so excited. He almost got to where he prefered Grandpa over me. He would get so excited to see any of his four grandparents. I think if he could have, he would have run to any of them in a heartbeat. This warmed my heart. Not only for my parents' and Daniel's parents' sake but for Charlie's sake as well. He is such a mama's boy and clings to me alot. It was nice to not have to stand just outside his view so that one of them could have some time with him. I could walk in the room and he hardly noticed me or would just acknowledge me and go back to playing. This week also gave me the change of pace and scenery I apparently really needed. I was at the point of not enjoying staying at home. I love being with Charlie but I guess I was just at my limit. I've noticed this week that I feel almost refreshed. There's a joy again being with my son each day and I relish in playing with him. So...this will be music to my mom's and MIL's ears...I need to do that more often.

Charlie got to sit and play in my old rocking chair. He seemed to really enjoy climbing in and out. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit in the car so it couldn't come back to GA. (Anyone got an SUV they would like to get rid of?) So, for now, it's staying at Grandma and Grandpa's. Charlie also got introduced to the world of saving pennies. Well, Grandpa tried anyway. Charlie was given an Auburn piggy bank. However, apparently, those pennies are so much more fun all spread out on the floor. Charlie and Grandpa did manage to get a few in the pig.

Here are a few pictures from our week:


No comments: