In my last post, Becky, in her comment, asked me to do a post on my "super cute nursery". I posted a long time ago, before Charlie was born, about the nursery but I realized I never showed the final product. The airplane theme came from the fact that Daniel is an aerospace engineer and works on the design of planes all day long. He loves planes, spaceships, etc. so I knew he would really enjoy doing this theme in Charlie's room. This will also give something for Daniel and Charlie to have in common and discuss when Charlie is a little older. I found the bedding and associated items at Babies R Us. The red stripe and pinstripe were painted on the wall with a wallpaper border over top. I traced out the planes onto some plywood and Daniel cut them out. I then used my leftover wall paint to paint them. They are just attached to the wall with finish nails. My mother-in-law painted the larger airplane on the wall to match one of the airplanes on the wallpaper border. We (me, my mom, sister, MIL, and SIL) all took a hand at sponging on clouds with a white paint and glaze mixture. I choose not to remember this day much due to the stress of it on me. Nothing we did pleased me so I just gave up and let them finish it. Sometimes it sucks being a perfectionist. I think it turned out well though. I guess is was quite traumatic because I never posted about it. It was the same weekend that my church threw a baby shower for Daniel and me. That's why I had so much family here. I didn't even post about the shower! Anyway, I enjoyed decorating this room for Charlie but have decided that the next go round won't be as intense. (So I say!) :)
So, for Becky and any others interested, here's the 360 of Charlie's room.
2 comments:
thanks! that is soooo super cute!!
That is absolutely adorable! I love it!
Post a Comment