Well, Charlie and I survived our week at Horizons. We had a great week. I really enjoyed my time there and enjoyed getting to know the 12 girls we had as well as the other counselors. Total kids this past week was probably close to 600.
Charlie was a trooper. We were able to work in his naps most of the time but they weren't near as long as they usually are. His nighttime sleep was shortened too due to the schedule. Somehow he managed and now has lots of girlfriends! Everybody knew who Charlie was! I don't think I would have had as good of a week if my friend, Kathy, hadn't been there as well. Charlie knows her well so she was able to relieve me sometimes or was able to stay in the room while he slept and I went to class. The classes I was able to attend were great. The theme this year was "In Christ Alone". One of our girls was baptized along with many others during the week.
A typical day was breakfast between 7:15 and 8:15. Morning chapel at 8:30. Counselor time/discussion time at 9:30. Morning class was from 10 until 11:15. Lunch was 11:30 to 12:45. Afternoon class was from 1:00 until 2:15. Free time was until 4:30. Dinner was from 4:45 until 5:45. Night chapel was at 6:00. Evening activities started around 7:15 and lasted until 8:45. Dorm devo was at 9:00. Pizza was served from 9:30 until 10. Counselor time was at 10 and lights out were at 11. However, I don't think Kathy and I made it to bed before 1 am. I normally had to leave evening activities early to put Charlie down for the night. He was usually in the bed by 8:00 or 8:30. Luckily, he sleeps well in his pack n play.
Evening activities included dodgeball, a carnival, Horizons singers/ice cream social, and the talent show. The kids seemed to enjoy all of them. Kathy and I enjoyed our counselor time at night the most. This is when we were able to get to know our girls better. We had a few activities for them like making t-shirts, bracelets and decorating their pictures with paper, stamps, etc. Wednesday night was the best because we were all sleep deprived, full of sugar and caffeine, and very talkative. We had the best time!
The t-shirts we made said "Dixon Dolls". We stayed in Dixon Hall. I'll get a picture of us in our shirts from Kathy and get it posted. Charlie's shirt said "Dixon Dude". Here is a picture of him in his shirt...everyone also loved his "sperry's" (shoes)...
Here are a few other pictures from our week...
1 comment:
Glad you were able to come to Horizons this year!! You were great! Hope you are planning to come back next year!
Post a Comment