Thursday, July 10, 2008

beach trip



We spent the week of July 4th at Panama City Beach, Florida, with Daniel's family - Gram, Papa, Aunt Stacey, Uncle Mike and Branson. We had great weather most days! It was really hot the last day or so and rained a few times but all in all...great weather. Charlie did well. He got his naps as usual and ate like a little pig. He enjoyed the water and the sand. We just couldn't keep him occupied very long. Now that he is getting good at walking (with support), he wants to walk everywhere. So we spent most of our time on the beach walking him around in the sand and at the edge of the water. I taught him how to climb stairs a day or so before we left and he loves doing that. I made the mistake of letting him climb the stairs at the beach house so guess what he wanted to do the whole time!?! Charlie has developed himself a little temper and will pitch a fit if you don't take him where he wants to go. I'm probably the only one that will stand up to him right now. It's so hard to do! Do kids reach the terrible two's at 14 months? I think he's just spoiled. But, it's either give him his way or listen to him scream and cry. What's a mom to do?

We were lucky on the 4th. We could just sit out on the beach and watch all the fireworks in PC and could see some in Destin. Just a little ways down, there were some people shooting fireworks that were great! So we got a great fireworks show without spending a dime! Charlie was just curious about the sounds, and then he went to sleep since it was past his bedtime. All in all, it was great food, great scenery, great company...great vacation! Here are a few pictures and videos from our trip...



Now, I'm packing up again to go to Horizons at Freed-Hardeman University for a week with some of our teen girls and a friend of mine from church. Charlie gets to go and spend the week with me so we'll see how that goes. I'm excited about going but nervous at the same time since Charlie is going. You just never know how things are going to go with a toddler. I don't know if I'll get to post while I'm there but I'll definitely let you know how it goes when I get back. In the meantime, if you haven't responded to my previous post about growing God's kingdom, I would really appreciate your feedback. Well, off to pack...

No comments: