Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Trick or Treat from Charlie! I'll have pictures of him in his costume this weekend...


Well, I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted. Sorry about that. Charlie is just growing every day. His hair is finally starting to fill in, as well as mine. I knew I had lost alot of hair since Charlie was born but this is annoying! (Apparently when you're pregnant you don't shed any!) I've got little baby hairs all over my head like Charlie does. They stick up everywhere in amongst the rest of my hair!
Anyway, Charlie is developing well. It's weird to hand something to him and he just reach up and take it from you. It's actually pretty incredible! He's learned how to take those items and put them straight in his mouth. He's also rolling over with ease. I caught him on video finally...




I spent a week in Elba a couple of weeks ago. I had fun! It was nice to spend some extra time with my families. My dad was home each day so he really got to enjoy Charlie. I was able to spend time with both parents and both siblings as well as Daniel's grandmother a good bit. We went to a football game with my parents that Friday night and we got to see alot of people that we don't normally see on a regular weekend trip home. I enjoyed showing Charlie off. You know, the proud mama thing. I just get excited for everyone to meet Charlie. He's just so much fun and I want to share it with everybody that comes along.

Charlie has eaten his way through all the vegetables. We are now on to fruits. I was really glad to see the carrots and sweet potatoes go. Those are hard stains to get out. He really likes applesauce. You can't feed it to him fast enough. By the time you get the spoon back to the jar, his mouth is wide open, ready for another bite. Tomorrow we start bananas. I've had to feed him some prunes too. He seemed to really enjoy those as well. He likes those with his oatmeal.

As for me, I've been struggling with migraines. I had a really bad one on Sunday night. Daniel ended up taking me to the Urgent Care to get some meds. I just couldn't handle it any longer. I started to get another one today but was able to fend it off early. I'll be visiting the neurologist again so keep me in your prayers that he can help. We didn't find anything before. The doctor thought it was probably just linked to the hormones due to the pregnancy but since I've been having full fledged migraines since Charlie has been born, I'm going to pay him another visit. I'll let you know how it goes. I've also been busy planning the Fall Festival at church this weekend. It should be fun. We expanded it this year to include more members rather than just the kids. We're having a campfire to roast marshmallows and sing around. The kids get all the usual activities...bean bag toss, apple bobbing, fishing game, etc. as well as a new thing this year...an inflatable bouncer with an obstacle course! They don't know that yet so they'll be surprised! I'm looking forward to it but an just as anxiously looking forward to it being over. I'm also a part of a long range planning committee for church. We've been meeting lately to try and give a new life to our work at Piedmont Rd. church of Christ. We have been asked to give the elders a recommendation as to a direction for the church. We are in the process of evaluating information such as demographics, etc. I'm reading a great book that they asked us to read. It's called "Simple Church". I'll elaborate more on it later.

As for Daniel, he works and tries to keep me happy as I organize this Fall Festival. He's been deeply involved in the planning as well. It takes both of us as well as the rest of the youth committee to get it done. Poor thing also had to deal with me Sunday night with my migraine as well as take care of Charlie. Once the meds kicked in, I was useless so he had to be Mr. Mom that night. He helps out alot at night usually but neither of us rarely take on the night routine by ourselves. Thanks, babe, for taking care of us.

Well, I think that's about it. Here are some new pictures of Charlie for you all to see...

No comments: