Daniel and I had a great trip home to Elba this past weekend. It's always too short and we normally do alot of running around trying to visit everyone. The trip Friday night was really rough on me. Sunday's trip back was ok. We only had to stop once on Sunday for me to get out and walk around. Friday night was another story.
I wanted to share a few things my nephew said this weekend. I wanted to get them written down somewhere before I forgot them. The first two were told to me later by my mother-in-law. As the three of them (my father-in-law, my mother-in-law, and my nephew, Branson) were driving back to my in-laws house from Enterprise, my nephew was so excited that Daniel and I were coming into town. One of the things he said was, "I can't wait to see Aunt Melissa and all her fatness." My mother-in-law explained to him that he was going to have to be very careful around me and that he couldn't play rough with me because of me being pregnant and that he wouldn't want to hurt the baby. She asked if he understood and he said, "Yes. But I just have to be close to her because I love her so much." Sweet, huh? Ok, now for the funny one. I'm sure my father-in-law is just going to love me posting this one for all the world to read. We had just finished breakfast on Saturday and we had been talking about how big my belly was getting. Branson was over rubbing my father-in-law's stomach and said, "Papa, when are you going to have your baby?" My father-in-law responded, "I'm not going to have a baby." Then Branson said, "But you've got the big belly." We all just cracked up laughing. He's a smart one, that Branson. I know he was just messing with my father-in-law but it was still really funny.
On Sunday, my mom and dad drove us around Enterprise after eating lunch there. For those of you who don't know, my hometown is about 15-20 miles from Enterprise. My dad and sister work in Enterprise. Daniel's sister, brother-in-law, and nephew live just outside of Enterprise. His brother-in-law's truck was destroyed by the tornado. His cousin attends Enterprise High School. The list goes on and on. It just hit way too close to home. As we drove, we saw the devastation of the tornado. It was truly heartwrenching to see the damage. The pictures just don't do it justice. It's weird to drive by and just see a concrete slab where a house once was. Our trip around was a little over two weeks after the tornado so there's been a great deal of cleaning up. I just can't even imagine what it looked like the day after.
Well, just wanted to share my weekend...
No comments:
Post a Comment