Monday, January 29, 2007

just more of my life...

Well, today was the day to put the General Structures part of my registration exam to rest. However, I think it will come back from the dead soon. Taking that test was pure torture. Who knew you could study so much and still not know the information on the test? Why does it always work that way? So, it comes down to how well I can guess. A very deep heartfelt prayer was said before the test so let's hope God blesses me in a way that I probably don't really deserve! I should have put more time into studying but it's just so hard when you've got a million other things going on in your life. I mean, who wants to study when you've got a nursery to get ready!?! So, we'll know the results in a few weeks. On to my next challenge...lateral forces! Coming soon...February 13th!

Speaking of nursery, Daniel and I got the bedding for the nursery. It is discontinued so we had to jump and go ahead and buy the essentials. That is why alot of it is now unavailable online. You can see it here: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2407331. Our registry is with Babies-R-Us. I'll add to the registry whenever I can find the time to go do it. We'll also be registered at Wal-Mart. I was surprised when people starting asking already about my registries. It's only January! But then I realized, I'm only about 3 1/2 - 4 months away from this baby arriving! Am I ready? It's a pretty overwhelming thought to know that in that short amount of time that Daniel and I will be bombarded with so much more responsibility than just taking care of ourselves and each other! Parenthood. Wow! We are excited about it but scared to death at the same time. I guess that's normal. We were talking the other night about how excited we are to see other people have kids but can't really grasp the idea that this one is ours. It's a life that we created! I know how excited and overjoyed I get to see close friends/relatives bring a child into this world but I'm just so unsure of how it's going to feel to see OUR child come into this world. I know it's just going to be more than I can even imagine!

As of tomorrow, I am 25 weeks along in this pregnancy. I went in for my monthly doctor's appointment last Thursday. We listened to the heartbeat and he felt for the position of the uterus. He said it was where it's suppose to be and the size is right on track. Then, out the door I go. I think I sit longer in the waiting room than I do in the exam room. But, it's nice to hear each month that this baby is alive and kicking. Well, I feel the kicking all the time! No problems in this pregnancy so far. Keep up the prayers! God has really blessed me so far. I've not had hardly any pregnancy symptoms. I'm definitely experiencing some but none that have kept me from my normal routine. The belly is now starting to get in the way. It's getting difficult to get up and down off the couch and out of bed. And, I keep bumping it. I've stretched a little too far a few times and paid the consequences of some soreness. But, all around it's been quite fun watching my belly button disappear. So I guess you could say, "It's growing on me!" No pun intended. :) Well, ok. Maybe a small pun intended.

Well, I didn't really intend for this post to be this long. I just got to blabbing on and on. But if you've read this far, then, you probably don't mind. But, before I stop, I have to give props to my sweet, sweet husband. The past couple of weeks, he has really stepped up and pulled my slack. I've been completely engrossed in studying for the exam and haven't cooked or cleaned. He's been a trooper and has prepared many meals these past few weeks. He even made a trip to the grocery store with the full grocery list! Not just for milk and cereal. The dog hair's been vacuumed. We have clean clothes. The sink is clean with no dirty dishes. So to my wonderful husband...thank you for keeping us from living in a pig sty and from going hungry. Only three more exams and then you can start doing chores because it's May and the baby has arrived. ;) All joking aside, thank you for stepping up to the plate. I love you.

So, my life as it happens...tests and baby news. That's about it...

2 comments:

Lana said...

Melissa,
I came across your blog through Gilbert's. I'm so happy for you!! Boys are great! Jackson turned 1 last Sunday. It is definitely a big adjustment, but it's fun and amazing to watch them grow! We felt the same things you're feeling. Hang in there. Our e-mail is parkers9@bellsouth.net. Talk to you soon.

Lana

Anonymous said...

I really don't mind the cooking. I'm actually proud of myself when I prepare a meal that consists of more than one dish. The grocery store trip, however, would have been a disaster if I didn't have a list.