Sunday, September 22, 2013

London trip with Grandma and Grandpa

September 19-21, 2013 - What a great way to celebrate my birthday...Mom and Dad here in England and we all visit London for the weekend!

First stop...Big Ben, of course!
 We then walked through St. James Park.  It's one of the Royal Parks and includes The Mall, which is the main road leading up to Buckingham Palace.  Beautiful lake and beautiful grounds.  Sooo many birds!
Buckingham Palace was up next.
We tried to get a tour (parts of it are open to the public in August and September) but the line was extremely long!  I could tell Mom was disappointed but I also knew that we'd never survive with two little boys tagging along.  We did, atleast, get to see an informal changing of the guard out front.


There was alot of walking and meandering through the city.  Most of which was either looking for a toilet or looking for the bus stop for the hop on/hop off bus.
 We made it over to Trafalgar Square and stopped in at a pub for some fish and chips.
The boys enjoyed running around at Trafalgar Square and we enjoyed the scenery.  It was, however, extremely crowded but I didn't expect anything less.  It is London!
A quick stop at Piccadilly Circus...
From here, we parted ways.  Mom and Dad graciously took the boys for the evening so Daniel and I could have a night on the town.  Ours included dinner at a place called Wildwood and then The Lion King.  I was so excited!!!
From what I got out of the boys, their night included dinner and ice cream!  :)  They took the river cruise hop on/hop off boat and got to see the sights of London from the River Thames.  Here are a few of Dad's pictures...
On Saturday, Daniel, Mom and Dad went in Westminster Abbey.
The boys and I went back to St. James Park nearby.  So glad we did since they spent about 3 hours in the Abbey!  Charlie, Philip and I fed the birds, ran around and played on the playground.  Fun times in the middle of London!
 And no trip to London would be complete without fighting the tube, aka the underground, for your entire trip!  Dad snapped a few pictures...
 Whew!  What a weekend but so much fun!!!

No comments: