
May 5, 2012 - Wow!!! What a birthday party!!! The kids had a BLAST and that's all a mama could ask for. However, it was nothing I did other than arrange to have old tires in my backyard. And, the icing on it was that they got filthy!
Charlie's 5th birthday party was a Disney Cars theme at his request. I had fun with this one. The decor was black and white checkered flags, tires, and the color red.
Each of the food items were based on the characters from the movie: Luigi's Spare Tires, Doc's Dipsticks, Mater's Taters, Road Gravel and Piston Cup Popcorn.
The drinks were the favorite. Your choice was between Dinoco Oil or Fillmore's Organic Fuel. And, you were able to drink it from your own Cozy Cone. Everyone wasn't too sure about me pouring their drink out of a gas can. I promised them that Daniel washed all the gasoline out real good before we used it! :)
And you can't have a great party without a great cake...and I've got the best cake decorator! Yes, I'm a little partial (because she's my sister) but she keeps creating them better and better each year! See for yourself...
We also learned that when you invite alot of people, there's a chance you are going to get alot of people to come! Go figure. :) We had around 25 kids at our little house not to mention about that many adults. Thank goodness for a backyard and no rain! We just sent the kids outside as they came in the front door and no one seemed to mind or really notice.
As I mentioned earlier, the highlight of the party was...TIRES!!!
Philip got his time in with the tires as well. We waited until most of the kids had left since he had already been knocked off his feet by a rolling tire. :\
Pictures are great but videos are better! You'll understand the joy so much more afterwards...
To close up this very lengthy blog post...I'll leave you with our photo op moments...
Charlie...I hope you will remember this party as much as we will!!! We had so much fun throwing this bash for you!










































No comments:
Post a Comment