Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Charlie's first day of PreK4

Yep.  It's that time again...when you realize your babies aren't babies anymore.  Charlie is now 4 so he has begun to prepare for Kindergarten.  *tear*  He has begun a new school year and is in the PreK4 class.  Ms. Tera is his teacher.  This will be his third year at this school so he is familiar with everything including his teacher which has made something new easier.  Charlie doesn't do well with change. 

Charlie would not go to sleep Monday night.  I guess it was either too much excitment or the short nap he had that afternoon.  So, when he awoke on Tuesday morning, he was excited but dragging a little.  He kept asking me all these questions about school so I could tell he was ready to go back.  As we pulled into the parking lot yesterday, I asked him if he wanted me to drop him off or walk him to the door.  I was kind of sensing that he might be a little nervous.  He answered, "Walk with me."  I parked the car and walked him to the door.  Ms. Tera greeted him with her usual "Good morning, Charlie!"  and he walked right in with her like it was old hat.  Not even a glance back.  Yes, I'll admit, I teared up walking back to the car.  I can't even imagine what I'll be like next year when I have to leave him all day.  Ok, let's not talk anymore about that...

When I picked him up, he was cranky.  I assumed it was just because he was tired.  He stayed up late, woke up early, hadn't had lunch, and stayed an extra hour longer than last year.  I'd be cranky too.  Tera said they had a good day though.  I did get a video, like the two previous years, but he wasn't very cooperative for obvious reasons.  However, he did talk much more about it with Daniel over dinner Tuesday night...

No comments: