We had a very busy weekend. Saturday was a service project with the youth in the morning and we attended an incredible seminar at church that afternoon. Daniel went to the youth function but Charlie and I stayed home since I wouldn't be much help chasing a two year old around the whole time. The seminar fell right during Charlie's naptime so I was prepared for the worst but God smiled on me and Charlie was fabulous during the seminar. It took place in the fellowship hall so we took over a table in the back so we wouldn't be a distraction to anyone. It also gave us some good floor space to spread out toys, puzzles, etc. The thing that kept him most occupied was I put his blanket over the seat of one of the chairs so that three of the sides were covered and convinced him to crawl under. I had to make Charlie stop because he was getting carpet burn on his knees. He played well by himself for most of the time, which is unusual for him and I actually got to pay attention to the speaker.
Sunday was SS, worship and a fellowship meal. Yum! The sermons were from the same speaker who had conducted the seminar. We all crashed that afternoon for a nap but mine was interrupted by a phone call from a friend of mine that I used to work with. We were suppose to meet him, his wife and their little girl for dinner that night after church. He told me that they had been in the ER all night and his wife needed to rest. He told me that they were there because his wife was having some cramping and spotting. He then told me that this was due to her having a miscarriage. She was 15 weeks along. I was just stunned and at a loss of words. All I could do was offer prayers for them. Please keep the Collins' family in your prayers.
On a lighter note...after the weekend we had, I was pooped today and was having trouble making myself get off the couch. I knew I needed to do something so I packed Charlie and I a lunch and we, along with the dog, headed to the park. We walked a while. Khaki played in the dog park a while. Charlie played on the playground a long while. And then we had lunch. Charlie, as any kids does, loves the playground. He has gotten very comfortable on this one since it is the one we visit most often. He runs and climbs all over it. Charlie did surprise me today in some of the things he has gotten brave enough to do. He has gotten much better at taking steps on his own and this I guess motivated him to take some big steps. He also just ran up the whole thing and proceeded to slide down one of the slides on his own. I thought he would run up and run back so by the time I realized what he was doing, he had already sat down and was about to let go! Go Charlie! He just took on that slide like a big boy! He decided he wanted to climb the rock wall so we did that. Charlie covered that playground like I've never seen him do before! We had a ball! Khaki seemed to enjoy her time there as well. She has to be tied up while we play on the playground but she was in the shade and could watch every step we made so she didn't seem to mind. Below are pics from our time there. I didn't even think to get pics of Khaki. Guess we know who's most important now. (Sorry Khaki.) :)



No comments:
Post a Comment