
Our celebrating actually began the night before as we had all of our family come into town. Daniel's parents and his sister and her family arrived around the same time as my parents. It was right at dinnertime so we went to eat at Ted's Montana Grill. Yum! My sister and BIL didn't make it into town until later that night. All of Daniel's family stayed at our house and all of my family stayed in a hotel nearby. I think my dad used some of his credit card reward points for the rooms. I hate they couldn't stay at our house but 12 people trying to share two bathrooms...I think not. Our dinner was fabulous and so was our company.
Unlike last year, I was prepared for a rainy day relocation of the party to our house. I had been cleaning and decorating the house all week. So, the morning went by easily, but quickly, and it wasn't too stressful prepping for a party that was to begin at 1:00. The weather was holding out so far. There was a storm brewing in AL and TN that was headed our way but wasn't suppose to hit us until late afternoon. We were keeping our fingers crossed as we headed over to the park. The party was at one of the large pavilions - the "Warrior". There was a small mix-up when we got there...there were people using our reserved pavilion...but after finding the park attendant, it was all cleared up. The other people weren't too happy but...oh well.
The wind was blowing alot - not hard but enough to blow the balloons off the tables. (Reminder: no balloons next year! This has been two years in a row that they were useless.) The theme of the party was cars and trucks. Charlie is big into the "vroom vroom" and the "honk honk". I couldn't really find much for decorations so I ended up making most of them. I did find some traffic signs and I cut out cars and trucks and made some decorations to hang at the pavilion - wind took them. The rest of the decor was a mat/carpet of a city that is used with Matchbox cars, all of Charlie's toy cars and trucks, and inflatable traffic signs that I found on Oriental Trading. We also took the picnic table that Grandpa and Grandma got Charlie for his birthday. (You'll see it in the pics.)
We headed up to the park early to set up and decorate. All of the fam went as well to help. We ordered Subway sandwiches for lunch and ate under the pavilion. Just as we were getting set up...rain. At this point, I began to worry. But, luckily, it was just a little shower and blew right over. Other than it being a little muggy, BEAUTIFUL weather followed it!
There were about 20 adults and 10 kids (counting us) that came to the party. We definitely missed the ones who couldn't come but we had a great crowd! Most were family and friends from church. A couple of my close friends from my former job came with their families. Also, our next door neighbor came with her daughter. My cousin from Alpharetta drove over for the party as well. I was excited to see her!
The party was a success in my mind. The cake was incredible...and that's an understatement! My sister makes and decorates cakes and always does cakes for family birthdays so she was excited to do one for Charlie again. And, she outdid herself! I just kinda described to her what I had in my head and I got more than I imagined...

It tasted good too! :)
Charlie got lots of nice gifts and then he headed to the playground! Grandpa seemed to be having a great time playing with Charlie on the playground while the rest of us cleaned up. :) My 7 year old nephew enjoyed spending most of his time at the park at the "Skate Spot" watching all the skateboarders. All of our guests seemed to enjoy an afternoon at the park as well.

After Charlie was sufficiently worn out from the day, we took him home for a nap. Everyone except my mom and dad and Daniel, went out on the town. We went to various places just looking and shopping. We came back in time for dinner. Daniel and I had planned on grilling hamburgers for everyone and man, were they good! After dinner, Charlie opened a few more presents from the fam and enjoyed playing with his cars and new racetrack for a while. Then, we all crashed from the exhaustion of the day...well, atleast I know I did!



1 comment:
Charlie looks cute in his outfit . . . glad it fit him o.k. Looks like everyone had a great time at the party!
Post a Comment