Thursday, March 5, 2009

my crazy day...

Let's just say, things aren't usually this crazy. Whew! What a day! It started with Charlie waking up early. Not like 6 am early but about an hour earlier than what he normally does. I got Charlie out of his crib and we laid on the couch a little while and snuggled. (I was hoping he might drift back to sleep. No such luck.) He got up and immediately started signing "eat". I prolonged it a bit in order to get a few extra minutes to lay on the couch. On a side note: this is where I slept last night. I fell asleep watching TV and woke up about 5 am. I didn't feel like moving to the bed at that point. Still had my clothes on from the day. Still had full makeup. All the lights were on. Daniel hates that part. :) Back to the day, I remember thinking that I needed to get up at 8:30 and get in the shower in order to make it next door by 10:00. I looked at my watch (which I was still wearing) and stared at it a long time. I guess I was still half asleep. It said 8:30 or so I thought. I decided I could still make it on time if I was in the shower by 9:00 because Charlie and I still had to eat breakfast.

While fixing Charlie's cheerios, I looked at the clock on the alarm system. 7:35. Nice. I've got plenty of time. So we drag around until 8:45. I get in the shower. (Yes, little man is loose but only in my bedroom and bathroom. The bathtub is blocked where he can't climb in and he just plays with the stuff in our cabinets and with the cat on the bed. Just to ease the minds of you worry-ers.) Upon getting out, I hear the doorbell ring. I'm not expecting anyone. Oh, wait. The insurance adjuster wanted to come today and inspect the roof...but, he never called me back to confirm the appt. Yep, I've got people walking around on my roof. I throw some clothes on and answer the door with a towel wrapped around my head. My look is completed with black circles under my eyes from the not-washed-off waterproof mascara that won't wash off in the shower even. (The black circles were a surprise to me upon returning to my mirror to dry my hair. oops!)

As mentioned earlier in this post, I was planning on being next door for our usual playdate at 10. 9:30...still got to finish getting ready, people on the roof and a bunch of files to finish for a printing for the upcoming youth rally. Umm, can I fit all that in before 10? Nope. I had already decided that my computer was going with me next door and I would just have to be a little anti-social. But, since I have people on the roof, I decide to call and postpone our playdate. She laughed when I told her I answered the door with a towel on my head. Well, they should have confirmed the appt. That's what you get when you show up unexpected. So, while they're bumping around on the house, I put in a video hoping it will occupy Charlie while I work on the pages for the printing. It did for about 5 seconds. He played pretty well by himself for a while so that helped. Adjuster gives me the estimate, says the check will be in the mail and leaves. Yay! New roof and we don't have to pay for it! Hailstorm.

Back to the computer...I finally get the files done and finish getting ready. My next appt. is at noon. I'm meeting a friend of mine for lunch. I call and postpone until 12:30. I still didn't make it there until 12:45. Sorry, Chris! I had trouble printing and since I'm a perfectionist, it took a few printings. I couldn't find my keys. I had a needed break over lunch but had the upcoming task of running copies weighing on my mind the whole time. Charlie and I head to the church building to run copies. It was a good 30 minute drive and since it was Charlie's nap time, he, of course, fell asleep in the car. He got to sleep about 20 minutes. I was hoping to just take him in and put him in one of the cribs in the nursery so he could finish his nap and I could run copies without having to check on him constantly to see where he is and what's he's doing. No such luck. That seems to be my thing today...no such luck. He slept for like 2 minutes. Woke up and screamed because I'm not in the room. I fought this battle for a while and just got him up. So much for the peace and quiet. He did well though while I ran copies...800 sheets...double sided. They didn't line up right. The feeder ran them crooked. So, one by one, side by side, I ran all 800 copies. To make it worse, the cover sheets were run on card stock and the copier didn't like that. They had to be run 2 at a time or they would start running onto the other pages. So, it was run 2 copies, move those, hit start, run two more...160 of those. So, 4.5 hours later, I'm headed to Kinko's to have them cut and folded. I tried to get the copier to fold them but it wouldn't fold it in the direction I wanted. Figures. Kinko's machine wouldn't fold them that direction either. So my next option was to pay for them to hand fold them. $.09 a fold! No thanks. I'll find some help. (Anyone want to start a hand folding business? Guess you have to pay for the doctor's bills for carpal tunnel. So maybe not such a good idea.) Atleast the cutting part didn't cost as much.

Home at last. Starving. I get to eat in peace for the most part but I have to share my samoas with Charlie. Little stinker. I only get them once a year and I have to share! No fair.

It's Daniel's night for bath/bedtime routine for Charlie. This means I get a little down time on the couch with the TV. But, my day is not done. E-mail brings a t-shirt design for the youth rally that much be reviewed before tomorrow so that the printing company will have enough time to get the shirts printed in time. RSVP's for the youth rally are in so I'm totaling those to see how many actually rsvp'd and to see if we need to order more shirts. 130 people so far! We usually have close to 300 to actually show up the day of.

Well, unlike my last post, I do have some pictures for you. Sorry you had to get through all that reading to find them. This morning, I gave Charlie some juice and instead of sitting as his usual table, he went to the coffee table and sat in one of the chairs he had pushed near it earlier. He has finally figured out how to climb up in one and sit down. He just propped his feet up and enjoyed a snack...
As I mentioned, Charlie fell asleep in the car today. I couldn't resist a picture. He just looked too sweet...
Charlie loves to climb in his Tupperware cabinet. He has tried many times to close the doors with him in it but has been unsuccessful so far. The doors don't latch so it will be a hard task.

No comments: